Roger Waters - Pros & Cons: The Interviews

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Roger Waters - Pros & Cons: The Interviews

Post by Master_Chief »

Hi all,

Just stumbled across this on Spotify. I'm absolutely adamant it wasn't there earlier in the year. Basically it seems like Roger discussing The Pros and Cons of Hitch-Hiking and other stories from that era. I haven't listened to all of it yet though.

Screenshot 2020-04-24 at 13.57.49.png

Enjoy if you haven't already \:D/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Re: Roger Waters - Pros & Cons: The Interviews

Post by thefinalmutt »

thank you SOOOOOOOOOOOOO much for this !!! I've just listened to a few seconds so far, and I can already tell that the recording is not a recent one but rather contemporary with the release of Pros&Cons. The depth of his voice has changed a lot since and it's very recognizable
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

The interview can be downloaded for free on the interviewer's official website :
http://malreding.com/interview/roger-waters/
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Post by Master_Chief »

Nice find, thanks! :D
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Who were the people attacking Roger, that he mentions in Part 5? Is it only a poor review? That's what it seems to me 'listening between the lines''?
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

Annoying Twit wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 5:01 pm Who were the people attacking Roger, that he mentions in Part 5? Is it only a poor review? That's what it seems to me 'listening between the lines''?
It's negative, kinda scornful reviews in general, and maybe people claiming that his stuff didn't qualify as Rock&Roll (he talks about this in a 1984 video interview that I can't find anymore)
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

thefinalmutt wrote: Mon Jul 27, 2020 4:16 am It's negative, kinda scornful reviews in general, and maybe people claiming that his stuff didn't qualify as Rock&Roll (he talks about this in a 1984 video interview that I can't find anymore)
Thanks. It seems to me that he's depicting (and probably believes) that negative reviews are an attack on him.