Harry Waters kicked out of RW band?

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
nachoman9270
Embryo
Embryo

Harry Waters kicked out of RW band?

Post by nachoman9270 »

Was Harry Waters kicked off RW's band? In this interview: https://www.clarin.com/espectaculos/mus ... kKI2M.html

Harry says 'I don't want to talk about that' When asked if he is in touch with his father, and why he is not a member of the current band touring the world. Anybody here has any more info on that?

Cheers
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Harry Waters kicked out of RW band?

Post by moodyblue »

Anyone know how to translate Spanish?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

Cheers Keith.

:-D
raisemyrent
Knife
Knife

Post by raisemyrent »

fwiw I read Spanish natively and there really isn't a lot of info on the original article, beyond what is already clear. Keep in mind that the Spanish is itself a translation from English!
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

It's a shame if he has fallen out with his son. Roger seems to struggle with personal relationships.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

snifferdog wrote: Fri Nov 30, 2018 7:51 pm Roger seems to struggle with personal relationships.
Well there's an understatement.
I hadn't heard this news, but if true that would be a terrible shame.
nachoman9270
Embryo
Embryo

Post by nachoman9270 »

The original article is in Spanish since this interview was from Clarin newspaper when Harry was touring Argentina. I believe he must've been kicked out, since any of the other projects he is involved with seems to remotely sound as profitable as touring the world with Roger Waters.
Morty
Axe
Axe

Post by Morty »

Sound like he wants to do his own thing, and not only talk about his dad.
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

Morty wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:34 pm Sound like he wants to do his own thing, and not only talk about his dad.
exactly. you lots are just paranoid about that falling out thing
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

thefinalmutt wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:05 am
Morty wrote: Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:34 pm Sound like he wants to do his own thing, and not only talk about his dad.
exactly. you lots are just paranoid about that falling out thing
I think that if they were still on good terms, he would say so.

Gilmour gave an interview in 1978, where they kept asking if his working relationship with Waters was becoming difficult, and he repeatedly brushed it off by saying "we get along fine, we still work together just fine."

Waters gave an interview in 1984, and every time they asked him about his working relationship with the other guys, and whether they would work together again, he said, "I don't want to talk about that."

There's a difference.
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Sep 07, 2020 11:51 am I think that if they were still on good terms, he would say so.

Gilmour gave an interview in 1978, where they kept asking if his working relationship with Waters was becoming difficult, and he repeatedly brushed it off by saying "we get along fine, we still work together just fine."

Waters gave an interview in 1984, and every time they asked him about his working relationship with the other guys, and whether they would work together again, he said, "I don't want to talk about that."

There's a difference.
You'll notice that in both cases, their relationship wasn't good at all. So apart from the fact that their technique to avoid the topic differed, there isn't actually that much of a difference in terms of what they had in mind.
That being said, people can brush off/refuse topics for a wide variety of reasons, and in this case (given that we have close to zero actual info) it's vastly more logical to assume that Harry is just tired of interviewers only ever wanting to talk to him about his father, and not giving a flying fluff (or pretending to a little, out of politeness) about the musician he is himself. Tbh I think I would react similarly.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

It's possible, but he should certainly know by now that that sort of answer only fuels speculation and guarantees he'll be asked about it again and again.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Kicked out of RW band?? He isn't Rick Wright so to be kicked out of RW band! :lol: