Roger Waters Us and Them concert DVD

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
martinr
Embryo
Embryo

Roger Waters Us and Them concert DVD

Post by martinr »

When will the 'US and Them' Concert DVD be released?
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters Us and Them concert DVD

Post by Annoying Twit »

martinr wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 7:22 am When will the 'US and Them' Concert DVD be released?
When I try to look this up, the answer I get is always "early 2020". It's early 2020 already: time for it to hit the shops.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

COVID-19 is impacting on all sorts of physical releases and it is good to see the film is already available to stream ... however, as for the release date of the DVD/Blu-ray I suspect it will be right-shifted by a similar delay to the Nick Mason DVD.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/roge ... ng-and-dvd

The streaming starts 16th June in 4k so that is something to look forward to. :-)

Watch the trailer > https://www.amazon.com/Roger-Waters-Us- ... uage=en_US
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

Does this mean that Amazon prime users will be able to stream for free?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

dj865 wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 8:43 am Does this mean that Amazon prime users will be able to stream for free?
I suspect it will be chargeable content not included in your monthly subscription. <.8.>
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

Yeah chargeable at 9.99 for digital copy..wonder if I should hold out for blu ray
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Visually it looks good but the sound is awful, dry & flat it does not sound live at all. The Brick P2/P3 clip i found boring and lifeless.

Nick's release is more exciting then this imo at least that sounds live and authentic
UsNotThem
Blade
Blade

Post by UsNotThem »

azza200 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:35 pm it does not sound live at all.
Because the concert itself wasn't live. Wouldn't surprise me if most of the instruments are playback.

Hyperbole I know, don't shoot me.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

well he did mime throughout the show on numerous songs.

Just a shame you have his In The Flesh 2000 release which has a great mix and that is still his best live release. The Wall is good visually but again the mix is shit and story bits after songs ruins the flow of the "concert"
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

UsNotThem wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 9:37 pm
azza200 wrote: Wed Jun 17, 2020 5:35 pm it does not sound live at all.
Because the concert itself wasn't live
Can you expand on this please? I've not bought it yet, so if we're saying this isn't actually a good representation of the concert I went to see in person, then I might not bother at all!

Ps I'm fine with Roger miming parts, or not always playing the bass lines. That's what happened at the concert I saw, didn't bother me in the slightest - he put on an amazing show, that's the main thing surely?!
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

dj865 wrote: Thu Jun 18, 2020 7:32 am

Ps I'm fine with Roger miming parts, or not always playing the bass lines. That's what happened at the concert I saw, didn't bother me in the slightest - he put on an amazing show, that's the main thing surely?!
music ìs the main thing for me. The show is eye candy. If the singer can't sing it's rather pathetic and bad. People had higher standards in the 1970s. Waters would have been ridiculed if he tried that crap.

Waters put down Dylan for his covers album not long ago. Dylan would not lip sync at a live show. Its a matter of integrity. Waters is a pop act pretending to be an artist. His lame stage show can't change that. I am not distracted from this fact by all the films and lights. The film and lights only serve to underline the falseness of his nostalgia act. Not to mention his humanitarian act. He's not a good actor. His acting is as bad as his singing.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I think of Us and Them being a created thing, rather than fully organic and live. That's one of the reason I chose to see it at a theatre (and will buy the Blu-Ray) rather than going to the actual concert.

It is a very good thing. It's nearly all live. But, Roger is more the ringleader at times than the musician. And, that doesn't make it invalid in my mind.

And, I'll say that I much prefer what Rog is doing now than him retiring. Would we have gotten ITTLWRW if there hadn't been the potential for a tour?
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

It's disappointing. Following Waters, waiting for Waters to show some evidence of his self proclaimed genius.

Can you imagine David Gilmour going on tour and lip syncing? It's laughable. Is it supposed to be okay for Waters because he's so theatrical? He's not that theatrical. He's more like a one trick pony. I wouldn't complain but he keeps insulting people in public. I get tired of it. This dvd belongs under glass in a stuffy museum.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Kerry King wrote: Fri Jun 19, 2020 1:13 am It's disappointing. Following Waters, waiting for Waters to show some evidence of his self proclaimed genius.

Can you imagine David Gilmour going on tour and lip syncing? It's laughable. Is it supposed to be okay for Waters because he's so theatrical? He's not that theatrical. He's more like a one trick pony. I wouldn't complain but he keeps insulting people in public. I get tired of it. This dvd belongs under glass in a stuffy museum.
I have seen the film in the theatres and on computer. I enjoy watching and listening to is. I' still prefer Waters to be doing what he is doing than nothing at all.