New Syd Barrett Pink Floyd Live color footage with sound

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: New Syd Barrett Pink Floyd Live color footage with sound

Post by Annoying Twit »

It does sound interesting. I have nothing to trade. If I had, I would.
Last edited by Annoying Twit on Tue Sep 01, 2020 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

RichardB wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 12:45 pmFrankly if everyone here was working as hard to find PF footage and audio we would probably have a lot more for the community.
...or if people would simply share what they had, or sell copies, rather than trading it in small circles...

But if in your extensive research you have identified who owns the copyright, you could probably sell it back to them, since they might not own a copy. Post it on YouTube; you'll find out who owns it.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Here's a question:

Why not try to contact someone at their record company? It took them years to get all of the necessary rights and licenses to release what early footage they could find for The Early Years, because it was owned by different entities all over the planet. Fortunately, people had uploaded various copies over the years, so they at least knew to pursue those particular films for inclusion. Just get it out there, or get it to the right people.
scarecrow
Blade
Blade

Post by scarecrow »

Is it this footage?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V799HqAgxXY

Which is most likely dubbed with audio of Soft Machine although the filmmakers insist that's not the case.

There have already been lengthy discussions on the forum you've mentioned about the possibility of new footage, including a lengthy post about how unlikely it is that there's still existing footage not already available. Not impossible, but I think there's a healthy scepticism each time someone says they've found new footage?

Anyway good luck Richard - I agree with the others, it sounds like a futile quest to find further unreleased footage - I think you'd find a bit more support if you at least uploaded some sections of the footage you mention.
scarecrow
Blade
Blade

Post by scarecrow »

Yes, agree re: the distinctive Soft Machine organ on the Dope footage.

Well, if you do have a load of this unseen footage, with audio, then that's great and there'll certainly be interest amongst fans of that era of Pink Floyd. I think it's unsurprising in a forum like this that there's a large number of people who are less interested, or even actively dislike the Barrett era... but each to their own really - if the full footage was uploaded to Late Night or one of the other Barrett forums I'm sure there'd be enthusiasm for it :)

As I said there's a healthy scepticism though - because across one forum or another something like this pops up every few months (for the past 30+ years) only to fizzle away - I think the only significant and miraculous finds of recent years have been the TOTP footage and the Stockholm gig recording?

I remain rather unconvinced that trading the footage would generate further unseen/ unheard stuff... can see the logic, and yes if you do some digging then there's various leads towards things that might have been recorded/ filmed, but my impression is there have been quite a few efforts already to source such things without success? The number of people attending gigs with recording equipment, video cameras at that point in time is likely to be low?

And these days, I think people are used to being able to view everything via youtube etc, it'd be great if all this new footage could appear there... I'd expect that the angle of trading/ bargaining with the footage (even with good intentions to locate more of such footage) is more likely to generate hostility and suspicion. Just my opinion...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

The original poster has been deleted from the forum so I will close this thread now that his posts are removed.

Some people should read the forum rules about advertising, flooding and harassment of others. We are a peaceful community, let's keep it friendly people. :D