Make Your Own(imaginary) Live Aid Set List

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Make Your Own(imaginary) Live Aid Set List

Post by Hadrian »

Much obliged. On second thought, I would prefer that to be 2005 Live8, in 1985 the trio would play it without Rick. Also, 2005 is vinyl revival age too (the 12" idea).
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

One Of These Days
Money
Run Like Hell
Comfortably Numb

Or

Shine On intro like they did at Venice 89 then goes into One Of These Days
Time
Wish
Run Like Hell
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Shine On (1-9), as a single song in one go, would work beautifully too as the entire set 8)
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Atom Heart Mother suite(band version) would be rather interesting set choice. 8)
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

space triangle wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:05 am Atom Heart Mother suite(band version) would be rather interesting set choice. 8)
Roger in June, 1984:
"I wouldn't dream of performing anything that embarrassed me. If somebody said to me now: "Right - here's a million pounds, go out and play 'Atom Heart Mother', I'd say: 'You must be fucking joking - I'm not playing that rubbish!' 'Cause then I really would be embarrassed."

Roger in March, 1985:
"Atom Heart Mother is a good case I think for being thrown into the dustbin and never listened to by anyone ever again!"
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:06 am Roger in June, 1984:
"I wouldn't dream of performing anything that embarrassed me. If somebody said to me now: "Right - here's a million pounds, go out and play 'Atom Heart Mother', I'd say: 'You must be fucking joking - I'm not playing that rubbish!' 'Cause then I really would be embarrassed."

Roger in March, 1985:
"Atom Heart Mother is a good case I think for being thrown into the dustbin and never listened to by anyone ever again!"

David Gilmour:"Atom Heart Mother was a good idea but it was dreadful. I listened to that album recently: God, it's shit, possibly our lowest point artistically. It sounds like we didn't have any idea between us, but we became much more prolific after it."

David Gilmour: ''I think Atom Heart Mother was a good thing to have attempted, but I don't really think the attempt comes off that well.''

And folks.....a few years/decades later 2008. David Gilmour plays Atom Heart Mother suite with Ron Geesin 2008 at Cadogan Hall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4mrwqL7IL4

A whole AHM suite by Gilmour/Geesin'. Cadogan Hall 2008
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWccfPEzoFI
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

The ultimate slice of self-assessment is Nick Mason's take on "It Would Be So Nice" (7", 1968):

"Fucking awful, that record, wasn't it?"

Nick Mason's Saucerful of Secrets should totally play that live as a gag.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Chelsea Festival on 15 June 2008 was the place to be. I am happy this one-off performance of "Atom Heart Mother" with David Gilmour happened. Great version to hear, what a joy.

On that audio-only video, what is the extra music in the last few minutes after the entire performance ends? Is that more from rehearsal?
[Edit: strike that question, it seems to be just a repeat of the last few minutes, for whatever reason]
Last edited by Hadrian on Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

space triangle wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:20 amAnd folks.....a few years/decades later 2008. David Gilmour plays Atom Heart Mother suite with Ron Geesin 2008 at Cadogan Hall
Gilmour was probably referring to the album as a whole, since they wrote it from scratch in the studio. He did write the main sections of the title suite, and performed it at nearly every show for two and a half years. Not only did he make a guest appearance at one of Geesin's shows, but he also wrote an additional solo for it and coached the lead guitarist for the other shows, even lending him gear.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 5:51 pm Not only did he make a guest appearance at one of Geesin's shows, but he also wrote an additional solo for it and coached the lead guitarist for the other shows, even lending him gear.
I am aware of only two shows, 14 and 15 June 2008 at the same spot, first one without Gilmour, the second one with him. That it quite an input for a one-off performance, kudos to Dave for this.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

(Imaginary) Live Aid Set List:

Main Theme
The Red Queen Theme
Dramatic Theme
Theme For An Imaginary Western
azza200
Judge!