Ginger Gilmour Bright Side of the Moon Book

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Ginger Gilmour Bright Side of the Moon Book

Post by space triangle »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 10:03 pm"Paintbox" doesn't have anything to do with groupies, and the woman in the song is probably his wife Juliette,
Oh yes, and 'Pink Song' from Wet Dream is about his wife Franka. He probably wrote the song while he was in the bed with a pregant blonde groupie.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

The song is about wanting to be alone, à la Greta Garbo. It has nothing to do with groupies. You may have a reading comprehension problem.

https://youtu.be/SIdGzJBUJkk
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

space triangle wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:04 am Oh yes, and 'Pink Song' from Wet Dream is about his wife Franka.
According to an interview with Rick from when the album came out, "Pink" also happens to be the nickname of the friend who went to Greece with the Wrights as tutor for their two kids during the six months they were out of Britain and the song is about him.
space triangle wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 11:04 amHe probably wrote the song while he was in the bed with a pregant blonde groupie.
For all of your shitty, Nancy Grace-style reporting, you left out a few key details:

Franka cheated on her previous husband with Rick; "He eventually broke up my marriage by telling my already suspicious husband that he was madly in love with me."

"She says Wright regularly had sex with groupies or backing singers, which is why she flew all over the world to be by his side – even while pregnant. 'If I wasn’t there when he wanted me, then he would find another woman to put in his bed.'"

The "pregnant blonde" on his yacht in Greece wasn't a groupie, but an American that he'd clearly been having an affair with for a number of months, if she was that pregnant - and who he was then married to for the next twelve years (his longest marriage), and wrote all of Broken China about.

The important part of Franka's story is that Rick and Millie separated while he was undergoing cancer treatment, and in his will he left £23.7 million dollars to his three children, but nothing to his three ex-wives. And so, Franka sells her story to the tabloids - never talked shit on him while he was alive, despite supposedly leaving her penniless in the divorce, but as soon as the will was made public, she claimed "I made peace between Rick and David when it seemed that they were over for good. It’s because of me that they even began talking to each other again. And yet I never received public recognition for what I did."

I'll now leave you to come up with a juicy conspiracy theory about any and all backing singers on the '87-'90 tour that Rick nailed; was it Rachel Fury? Durga McBroom? Her sister Lorelei? Margaret Taylor? Roberta Freeman? Sam Brown?! Her mother Vicki?!?! Clare Torry!?!?! Jon Carin?
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

^^^

Don't worry, Ziggy. It’s only Rock 'n' Roll. Have a little sense of humor as well. :smt033
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I would have to be pretty high to laugh at some of the crap you come up with. :roll:
scarecrow
Blade
Blade

Post by scarecrow »

I remember there's a video Rick Wright interview, probably late 80s/ early 90s where he says he'd doubted the whole idea of The Wall... was just unconvinced by all of it... but had (at the time of the interview) revised his opinion and admitted he'd got it wrong (!). Remember Wright saying (perhaps in same interview) at one point that back in the 60s they played 'quite a lot of rubbish' during their sets, but also said 'actually my happiest time in Pink Floyd was probably during the mid-60s' (don't remember exact words)

So I tend to think the thing of not coming back from his yacht or whatever was perhaps a sort of self-sabotage act of defiance thing... fed up with the band, not necessarily particularly liking Waters and his ideas etc

Gilmour later spoke of Wright losing his way for a while (or was it 'we lost him for a while', I can't remember?)...

But no-one in Pink Floyd had a first marriage which worked out permanently, right? I think easy to point fingers at Wright because of that one tabloid article.
Peter Harold
Blade
Blade

Post by Peter Harold »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 12:19 pm
I'll now leave you to come up with a juicy conspiracy theory about any and all backing singers on the '87-'90 tour that Rick nailed; was it Rachel Fury? Durga McBroom? Her sister Lorelei? Margaret Taylor? Roberta Freeman? Sam Brown?! Her mother Vicki?!?! Clare Torry!?!?! Jon Carin?
Clare Torry, if we should judge for her screaming... ;-)

I did knew who was sleeping with whom, but sadly I forgot. Maybe that is a sign that this wasn't very important to know...
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well at least there's the mental image hilarity of Rick being rebuffed by the other backing singers?
"Hey, if Freeman is the right way, why don't you get with my Wright?..."
"Oh piss off, you Dad!".

Sherlock Holmes? What are you doing here? I doubt anyone reading this would even bother working out which backing singer had the shortest time on the tours? Bet you Rick dropped her like a stone when he was done.
But there's that tour program! Rick with those nudes on either arm! But then by that logic Roger Waters isn't a footballer. Or whatever it was.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Wed Sep 16, 2020 8:28 pmBut then by that logic Roger Waters isn't a footballer.
But, he is a big supporter of Arsenal F.C. Roger the Gunner. [-D-]