Storm Thorgerson Exhibition, Cambridge, 2020

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Storm Thorgerson Exhibition, Cambridge, 2020

Post by Keith Jordan »

If you are in the Cambridge area. this exhibition sounds fantastic. I am almost tempted to do the 4 hour drive there myself. Who will go? Do you love the works of Hipgnosis?

STORM.jpg

We are pleased to announce our new exhibition which runs until 31 October. ‘Storm Warning’ features work from the late, great Storm Thorgerson and Storm Studios.

StormStudios has a long and illustrious history and over the years they’ve worked for innumerable bands, from Alan Parsons, Anthrax and Audioslave through to the Wombats, yourcodenameis:milo, Leisure Cruise and Yumi Matsutoya, with a sprinkling of Pink Floyd, Steve Miller, Muse, 10cc, etc thrown in for good measure. Recently they’ve been working with up-and-coming band, Youth Sector on their first release, Ukrainian band Slow Earth, as well as a film poster, and a rather spiffing package for 10cc front man Graham Gouldman’s 'Modesty Forbids’ album.

These are fine art prints of work from the 1980s through to 2020 – all available for purchase with some prints being seen for the first time. You’ll also see some of the props used in the making of the images and some roughs (concept design sketches) - which are how they work out their ideas and how they present them to the client. Some are beautiful works of art on their own. You can also buy books, postcards, limited edition box sets, and whatever else they can find in the cupboard.

https://www.haddenhamartscentre.org.uk/
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Storm Thorgerson Exhibition, Cambridge, 2020

Post by twcc »

190-miles from home that's 3h30m to drive each direction ... I would love to visit but the only way would be to combine the trip with something else and, at present, such opportunities are few and far between.

Maybe, just maybe, I could visit PM on Thursday 8th October; it's a pity the gallery closes at 4-pm.

](*,)
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

You could have a punt down the river Cam :D

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Attractio ... gland.html
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Well worth a visit if you're in the area, not worth a long trek. Some lovely Syd, PF and non-PF images on sale; album size prints right up to very large format ones at prices to match. Plus some reasonably priced hardback and paperback books, plus Storm signed books ranging from £50.

:-;
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I am currently in Winchcomb so my drive is still not quite local but getting closer! Only 100 miles away now! I think there should be more Pink Floyd and related exhibitions in the North! Liverpool and Manchester would be more convenient. :-)

Did you treat yourself to any goodies, twcc? :D
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
I purchased a signed hardback book plus a set of postcards in a semi-useful box. The postcards are 50/50 PF and others, although the Wishbone Ash and Alan Parsons Project ones will be nice to keep ... the others are indifferent. There was a print for sale that is a draft for a project that I may go back for. Two of the Syd prints are good, one is a 'display' item ie an unnumbered print from the Ltd Edition series, the other is 'an idea' for a record sleeve ... I had second thoughts but kept my purchases to a book and the cards.

More items are arriving from the studios to replace sold items and two copies of the Genesis Publications 'Taken By Storm' are due late next week ... the clearance price they are talking about is high but, nevertheless, lower than recent eBay sales.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Sounds like a really interesting exhibition, it is a shame I shall miss it. But probably for the best as I would probably spend my mortgage payment on things. 8)