Listen to Early Morning Henry featuring Pink Floyd

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Listen to Early Morning Henry featuring Pink Floyd

Post by Keith Jordan »

£3k is a fair old price. I wonder who bought it...

https://www.the-saleroom.com/en-gb/auct ... 41012a3a48
Shakesomeaction
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Shakesomeaction »

The buyer will pay £3600 (which includes the auction house commission). No idea who bought it though.
More than happy with the price as without the Pink Floyd connection the Acetate would have been worth in the double figures only and not the 4 figures range.
Don’t forget this is not a Pink Floyd song, or sounds like Pink Floyd, just Pink Floyd members backing someone else.
Unlike the David Bowie Acetates I have sold for £15,000 previously and this one for £8,600 which is actually David Bowie composition and he is singing and playing.
Last edited by Shakesomeaction on Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Great that this recording was found. But now we have the mystery of who bought it! The plot thickens.

I wonder who it could be...
Jumaris
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Jumaris »

Shakesomeaction wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:16 pm The buyer will pay £3600 (which includes the auction house commission). No idea who bought it though.
More than happy with the price as without the Pink Floyd connection the Acetate would have been worth double figures only.
Don’t forget this is not a Pink Floyd song, or sounds like Pink Floyd, just Pink Floyd members backing someone else.
Unlike the David Bowie Acetates I have sold for £15,000 previously and this one for £8,600 which is actually David Bowie composition and he is singing and playing.
Glad you got what you felt it was worth then. Now if you wouldn’t mind removing the video as you promised you would. Many thanks.

Also, If the new owner tries to upload it, I’ve got alerts set and will be tracking for copyright infringement. We could have had the video taken down before now, but out of courtesy to the seller allowed it to remain until the auction. With the sale complete and your promise to us through Keith that you will remove the clip, we’d appreciate that done swiftly today.

Cheers
Shakesomeaction
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Shakesomeaction »

Done, and good luck with your dad’s work.
If I come across any other Acetates of his in this library, you can have them for free.
Jumaris
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Jumaris »

Shakesomeaction wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:59 pm Done, and good luck with your dad’s work.
If I come across any other Acetates of his in this library, you can have them for free.
Thanks 🙏

I hope the new owner enjoys this rare Billy Butler acetate.

I can be reached via Keith Jordan who has my email address.

Cheers to all who jumped on to the thread here and elsewhere. Glad to have shared our dads perspective and (albeit hazy) memories of that iconic time period that was London music biz in the 60’s.

And on a really positive ending note. We’ve been contacted by former moody blues member Rod Clark who had been trying to reach dad for years. So he’s quite stoked about that.

And we’ve discovered an unreleased composition/music song sheet called Sarah that was written by Norman hurricane Smith and Billy Butler in 1967.

We will try to find Norman’s kids Dee and Nick to find out if the song was ever recorded? (We might have it in the reel to tell archive too) but would be happy to know if there are future acetates for this reason. Thank you again.

❤️

Juliet Butler
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Shakesomeaction wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:59 pm Done, and good luck with your dad’s work.
What a kind offer. Fantastic. :D
Jumaris wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 6:20 pm Cheers to all who jumped on to the thread here and elsewhere. Glad to have shared our dads perspective and (albeit hazy) memories of that iconic time period that was London music biz in the 60’s.
I hope your dad is feeling better now about the attention regarding the recording and is enjoying the interest. Looking forward to hearing more. If you are transferring some of the old material to digital and sharing on the internet, or your dad is doing a full Early Morning Henry acoustic performance, feel free to drop by NPF and share with us too. 8)

Thank you Shakesomeaction for bringing your news to NPF too. It has been quite a journey these past few weeks. <.8.>
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Shakesomeaction wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 5:59 pmIf I come across any other Acetates of his in this library, you can have them for free.
[-D-]