Pink Floyd - Animals

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
63%
26%
6%
1%
1 - Worst
3%

Total votes: 167

Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Pink Floyd - Animals

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

space triangle wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:48 pm Gerald Scarfe's drawings were new to me, I didn't know anything about it. Frankly, a drawings looks quite disturbing. No wonder they never used it.
Yet you can see an influence on the animation of Empty Spaces when they start biting each other. Wouldn't say reused. But it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the drawings.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Sat Nov 28, 2020 10:37 pmYet you can see an influence on the animation of Empty Spaces when they start biting each other. Wouldn't say reused. But it was the first thing I thought of when I saw the drawings.
You are right, Jimi.

Even 'Welcome To The Machine' video, also a work by Gerard Scarfe, have a lot of 'disturbing' moments. Around 3.45 min..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-q1eZJkfLvk
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

space triangle wrote: Sun Nov 29, 2020 7:45 pm Even 'Welcome To The Machine' video, also a work by Gerard Scarfe, have a lot of 'disturbing' moments.
It's a disturbing song.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Vegetable Layne
Axe
Axe

Post by Vegetable Layne »

Shocked that there is no discussion about the 2018 remix release!

I thought it was amazing!
Velve Jones
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Velve Jones »

Looking forward to giving the Dolby Atmos version a listen which I noticed in Apple music.
Eclips
Axe
Axe

Post by Eclips »

Vegetable Layne wrote: Sat Nov 05, 2022 6:34 pm Shocked that there is no discussion about the 2018 remix release!

I thought it was amazing!
I didn't like it. Rick's contributions got buried down the mix, especially on Dogs. I tried to listen at least thrice to this mix and got more and more annoyed about the decisions they took.
It made it sound like an attempt to underrate Rick even more. Of course that wasn't the true band's intention, it was annoying nonetheless.

It's always interesting to have a new vision of the album released, but in my case I stick to the original mix.

I was even more annoyed by a factor not related to the mix, though: the absence of live recordings from the time. Since it was a special edition, in that case including this new mix, it was another missed opportunity to open the vaults of some of those amazing tours.