Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Blu-Ray Failure

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Blu-Ray Failure

Post by DarkSideFreak »

I'm not sure but is it possible that this subject has never been covered here?

So anyway, if you have the Immersion box set made in Europe (the US version is not affected by this), the Blu-Ray disc is prone to fail. In other words, you insert it and the player acts as if there was no disc (I had this happen to mine).

There was eventually a replacement program - I sent in my disc and got a replacement. Later it was said you only need to send a proof of purchase. Then it was said the program was closed, then it was opened again...

The most recent bit of information is this post

https://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/ ... t-23604332
Master_Chief
Blade
Blade

Re: Dark Side of the Moon Immersion Blu-Ray Failure

Post by Master_Chief »

Reading on the forum from the link you posted, it seems there's even a debate about people receiving "replacements" only to find that they are the exact same discs as before, judging by the ids on the discs ](*,)

I remember something similar being posted last year regarding The Early Years box set as well. It's such a shame, especially as someone who enjoys collecting special edition releases, to discover that some of them fail like this. Luckily my discs from The Early Years were fine, but then who cares as they seem to have been mostly uploaded to YouTube now anyway :-;

I'm just glad I fought down the urge to purchase The Later Years, as we'll probably be hearing about those discs failing in 2028...
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Master_Chief wrote: Fri Apr 03, 2020 3:21 pm Reading on the forum from the link you posted, it seems there's even a debate about people receiving "replacements" only to find that they are the exact same discs as before, judging by the ids on the discs ](*,)
I'm not sure about those claims. The guy also claimed he got several replacement discs from jpc. Where would jpc get them from? :shock:

Anyway, if you have a European disc that has failed or might still fail (who knows!) you can get your part of the replacement batch. That's the good news.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

It's true the UK one fails ... I managed to borrow one from Canada (a forum member) and made a back-up copy and now have a working solution.

I wasn't aware of the replacement programme.
TomAxl
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TomAxl »

Anyon here that can support w a working copy of the BD?
My early EU version is "dead" :(
TomAxl
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TomAxl »

Hi again,

ok so I emailed **************** for the DSOTM replacement and got a reply to provide address and proof of purchase.
Since it was 9 yrs ago I dont have the reciept, any other suggestions of what works as a proof?

EDITED BY ADMIN - Removed the email address, spambots pick up email addresses and spam them. :-)
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

TomAxl wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:07 pm Hi again,

ok so I emailed **************** for the DSOTM replacement and got a reply to provide address and proof of purchase.
Since it was 9 yrs ago I dont have the reciept, any other suggestions of what works as a proof?

EDITED BY ADMIN - Removed the email address, spambots pick up email addresses and spam them. :-)
Check through the thread I linked above. People had the same problem (receipt long gone, or a 2nd hand buy). If you send a photo of the disc and box set (perhaps including yourself or whatever), you should be good.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

That's why I don't care for buying physical media anymore. And that could be a small part of the reasons that streaming services are winning.
This can be very annoying in large box-sets, for example those 100+CD boxes of classical composers - when will we be able to discover a defect in of dozens of physical media?
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 am That's why I don't care for buying physical media anymore. And that could be a small part of the reasons that streaming services are winning.
This can be very annoying in large box-sets, for example those 100+CD boxes of classical composers - when will we be able to discover a defect in of dozens of physical media?
It used to be a lot more fun than it is now. I'd like to think it's about getting older. But it's more "Haven't I already bought or heard this before?"
Mind you even Spotify shuffles tracks if you dare to stick with the free option.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 12:00 am That's why I don't care for buying physical media anymore. And that could be a small part of the reasons that streaming services are winning.
Thing is, though, what a Blu-Ray has on offer currently is not available via streaming. There is hi-res streaming and downloads, but 5.1 is a non-existent part of that niche.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

My UK Blu-ray is defective but, thanks to a fellow forum member, I have a 'solution' as I have successfully copied an overseas disc and that plays just fine. However, if someone can PM me the e-mail address for the replacement programme I will chance my arm and ask for a replacement ... I am sure I can organise a copy invoice and photo as evidence of purchase.

:-;
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^

Thanks,

For info mail at aecreate dot com for the DSOTM replacement
Last edited by twcc on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT to reduce risk of spam
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

TomAxl wrote: Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:07 pm
@twcc :-;

Maybe just put spaces around the @ or replace it with at so that no spambots spam the address!
Last edited by twcc on Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Good idea, now done !
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Just received a reply, it is looking promising -
Hi there,

Update: 25th February 2020

The email account is only for issues relating to The Dark Side of The Moon Blu-ray contained within the Immersion Box Set, released in 2011.

We can confirm new stock is in transit and will send out replacement Blu-ray's within the next 2 weeks.

Please provide evidence of proof of purchase and a post address.

Best,
aeCreate