David Is Selling his Guitars

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Re: David Is Selling his Guitars

Post by Annoying Twit »

I think it's interesting that we now have new music from Dave after he sold his guitars. Some people did worry that selling the guitars meant that he was giving up music.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Snowy White auctioned off his beloved gold top Les Paul a few years after Roger's Wall tour ended, I'm fairly sure due to health problems that were preventing him from playing. He got the guitar from Peter Green in the early '70s, and for most of his career it was the only guitar he owned. The good news is he has recovered, and found another gold top that's close enough to do the job! His work on Rick Wright's Wet Dream is perfect.
K2+
Axe
Axe

Post by K2+ »

My favorite was always the 001 Strat- I was surprised it didn't end up going for more than it did.
space triangle
Hammer
Hammer

Post by space triangle »

David Gilmour guitar auction special on UK TV this week

https://www.brain-damage.co.uk/latest/d ... -week.html
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

They could make a full documentary about the collection, the auction, a few of the new owners, and the charities that benefited. I'd really like to see something about his remaining collection, which is still quite impressive and historic. And now there are official signature models of his beloved 6- and 12-string Martins!