Jokers Wild Band

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
MadJedi
Judge!
Judge!

Post by MadJedi »

Keith Jordan wrote: So, has anyone got any photos of Jokers Wild?
see here: :D
http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/vie ... hp?t=14585
Last edited by MadJedi on Mon Oct 16, 2006 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

I had one don't know where it is now?
Stephen
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Stephen »

johngordon wrote:
For now ..... hi ...... I'll write soon. I've got a bit of brain rot but will tell you what I can :o)

John (Johnny) Gordon

Jokers Wild
G.O.D.
MagicWorks
Inside Out
Welcome :D, hope you stick around on here for a while.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Jokers Wild Band

Post by Keith Jordan »

ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I never knew David had a brother named Peter, let alone that he was the bass player in Jokers Wild! I did know his brother Mark played rhythm guitar in the promo video for David Gilmour with Rick Wills and "Willie" Wilson, who both played on the album. Willie of course played in the "surrogate band" on the original Wall tour, and was a member of Quiver with Tim Renwick. Rick and Willie also played together in Cochise - a highly underrated band that featured B.J. Cole on pedal steel; B.J. Cole later played on Roy Harper's Bullinamingvase and The Unknown Soldier (with Gilmour - "The Flycatcher" features them both playing lead), as well as On An Island and...Amused to Death. Cole also played on several Humble Pie albums, with Jerry Shirley (who played drums on both of Syd's solo albums) and Steve Marriott (who owned Seamus the dog).
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

There is further info about the early days, the bands, the people involved > https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/befo ... ith-jordan

I have also slowly started writing up a timeline using various sources, it is like reliving the history... even though I wasn't born yet! > https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pink-floyd-timeline
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:20 pm I never knew David had a brother named Peter, let alone that he was the bass player in Jokers Wild! ...
My ROIO disc indicates the bass player was Tony Sainty on the five tracks recorded in 1965; Wikipedia shows that Peter Gilmour took over in January 1966 for a few months and was then replaced by Rick Wills.
jw001.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I can't say I have any real interest in who's on the recording - I mean, how often does anyone listen to "Walk With Me, Sydney"? The history is more interesting than the music that any of them recorded at that time.