New Douglas Adams book based on his notebooks etc. hopefully coming out next year

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Jenna_Appleseed
Embryo
Embryo

New Douglas Adams book based on his notebooks etc. hopefully coming out next year

Post by Jenna_Appleseed »

It's being compiled by Kevin Jon Davies who did the Making Of Hitchhikers documentary & other DA/Dr Who related projects & apparently going to be totally different to The Salmon Of Doubt (which I intentionally wanted but ended up never getting as it ended up sounding like a let down).

Official blurb "After his death in 2001, Douglas Adams's papers were loaned to his old Cambridge college, St John's – over 60 boxes full of notebooks, research, letters, scripts, jokes, speeches, to-do lists, hard drives and even poems.

The book will reproduce in facsimile form extracts from the archive with explanatory text and footnotes to add context. Developed in close association with Adams’s family and literary estate, 42 will be a full-colour, large-format hardback that follows his career from early collaborations with Graham Chapman to his work on Doctor Who, through the Hitchhiker years, Dirk Gently, his groundbreaking non-fiction book Last Chance to See and his later digital work. Alongside this are details of projects that never came to fruition like a proposed theme park ride and a TV series provisionally entitled The Secret Empire. "

"The book will be published in 2022, the year that Adams would have turned 70 years old. A number of his friends and fans are contributing letters to Douglas written for this occasion that will appear in the book. They include Sanjeev Bhaskar, Margo Buchanan, Prof Brian Cox and Robin Ince (the Infinite Monkey Cage), Mark Carwardine, Arvind Ethan David, Sue Freestone, Stephen Fry, Neil Gaiman, Simon Jones, John Lloyd, Michael Nesmith, Dirk Maggs, Caitlin Moran and Robbie Stamp."

Mentally going WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT at the idea of a Douglas Adams inspired theme park ride, but I'm torn between thinking the friends/fans letters sound sweet but could be really embarrassingly gushy/cringy.

It's on kickstarter & unbound but I don't think i can post links yet, samples / mock ups? look great. I hope they manage to get funded.

eta forgot to add the title :oops: it's 42: the wildly improbable ideas of Douglas Adams