Pink Floyd - The Division Bell

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
20%
36%
18%
19%
1 - Worst
7%

Total votes: 126

ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Pink Floyd - The Division Bell

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Arnold Lane wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:46 pm I loved it at the time and I still do.
My first Floyd album was a cassette of Relics. I liked it so much I bought the next album by them that I happened to see in a store, which was Division Bell, and it was my first CD. I think I've spent the 25 years or so since then trying to reconcile my love for these two very disparate albums.
battra
Blade
Blade

Post by battra »

Arnold Lane wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:46 pm This came out around the time I got my 1st hi-fi half at through high school and my dad bought me this . I loved it at the time and I still do . It's in my top 5 Floyd albums . Gets a 5 from me
I got my first in 1992.

I remember all the hype on QVC of all places.

I recorded it off of the KSHE 95 The Seventh Day program before you could buy it...and hated it.

I dig it now though.
battra
Blade
Blade

Post by battra »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:40 pm
Arnold Lane wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 7:46 pm I loved it at the time and I still do.
My first Floyd album was a cassette of Relics. I liked it so much I bought the next album by them that I happened to see in a store, which was Division Bell, and it was my first CD. I think I've spent the 25 years or so since then trying to reconcile my love for these two very disparate albums.
At one time I had Relics, A Momentary Lapse of Reason, and The Wall, all on cassette...hahaha.

You're absolutely right about disparate albums.