Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

Post by Yucateco »

mosespa wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 3:11 pm

At least Gilmour sells his possessions and gives the money to charities. All I ever see Waters do is offering to loan his star power to those charities.

Write them a fuckin' check, Rog or sit the fuck down and shut the fuck up. Dance monkey, DANCE!!
I guess that´s why the greedy bastard has his Is this a drill tour personell in full emplyoment since beginning of 2020 althoug the tour has been postponed for two years. Only thinking for himself that money grabbing poor boy.... :roll:

Well known for years that he gives plenty of money for charity, but he doesn´t need to talk so much about it like certain other people.

Also it is very cute a lot of people here calling Waters a hypocrite and then believeing all the bs coming from the Dave and Polly camp [-D-]
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Roger is a c***.
Arnold Lane
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Arnold Lane »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 10:47 am Roger is a c***.
Harsh . He has his own way of going about things , has always been quite outspoken but he's not a bad guy . Just not easy to work with
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

Maybe he is, or maybe he isn't. Who really cares?

Bottom line is, he is one of the reasons you're on a fan site for something you're passionate about.

Theres a lot of hypocrisy kicking around on here. It's taken me a while to see it
penguinzzz
Axe
Axe

Post by penguinzzz »

You really are getting worse aren't you? I'm not sure this is good for you.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

penguinzzz wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:23 pm You really are getting worse aren't you?
I think Roger's been getting worse for the past 40 years.
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:29 pm
penguinzzz wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:23 pm You really are getting worse aren't you?
I think Roger's been getting worse for the past 40 years.
And so what, who cares.

He'll be well remembered a hundred years from now. You won't
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

dj865 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:39 pm He'll be well remembered a hundred years from now.
Not necessarily. And while Roger and I might both be atheists, only one of us seems to know that that won't matter.
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 5:58 pm
Not necessarily.
Under what circumstances do you think Floyd's 70s output won't be still being listened to in a hundred years?

Please exclude obvious suggestions such as global extinction
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

dj865 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:30 pm Under what circumstances do you think Floyd's 70s output won't be still being listened to in a hundred years?
Roger has proven that record numbers of people can listen to albums he helped create without knowing who he is. He's also proven that record numbers of people can attend his concerts without buying albums released under his name. Without his perpetual greatest hits tour making the rounds every year, his audience will just go see Brit Floyd and forget him entirely.
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:04 pm
dj865 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 6:30 pm Under what circumstances do you think Floyd's 70s output won't be still being listened to in a hundred years?
Roger has proven that record numbers of people can listen to albums he helped create without knowing who he is. He's also proven that record numbers of people can attend his concerts without buying albums released under his name. Without his perpetual greatest hits tour making the rounds every year, his audience will just go see Brit Floyd and forget him entirely.
If you think in a hundred years, the people who marvel at DSOTM won't know or care who made it...you're well and truly delusional.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Most people haven't cared for almost fifty years; it'd be pretty weird if they started now.
dj865
Blade
Blade

Post by dj865 »

Someone's been watching too much Von trapped family videos
Gslatner
Axe
Axe

Post by Gslatner »

dj865 wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 9:15 pm Someone's been watching too much Von trapped family videos
I’m team David but that’s just funny 😂😂
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Yucateco wrote: Mon Jun 14, 2021 7:55 am
1. I guess that´s why the greedy bastard has his Is this a drill tour personell in full emplyoment since beginning of 2020 althoug the tour has been postponed for two years. Only thinking for himself that money grabbing poor boy.... :roll:

2. Well known for years that he gives plenty of money for charity, but he doesn´t need to talk so much about it like certain other people.

3. Also it is very cute a lot of people here calling Waters a hypocrite and then believeing all the bs coming from the Dave and Polly camp [-D-]
1. Or maybe he just didn't want them going to work for the Rolling Stones? I mean, it'd be pretty awkward for him to postpone a tour due to a pandemic and then have it suddenly be over with and not be able to resume the tour because his crew has gone to work for someone else. Use that brain for something besides zombie bait, dude.

2. "Well known for years that he gives plenty of money"...but "doesn't talk about it."

So...how do YOU know about it. Have you got magical inside knowledge, too?

3. It's also very cute seeing people defend a narcissist who tried to claim that a band he didn't want to be in anymore couldn't exist without him as "selfless."

Go buy a dictionary and learn what words mean before you try to use them.