Pink Floyd - The Wall

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate This Album

5 - Best
54%
23%
14%
3%
1 - Worst
5%

Total votes: 147

mosespa

Re: Pink Floyd - The Wall

Post by mosespa »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:59 am And who hires illegal immigrants? Republicans.
Depends on what you mean by "hire."

Democrats use them for political gain, votes, etc. etc. etc.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

flashback wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:23 am You have the vote Republican no matter what and the vote Dem no matter what. I keep telling my 36-year-old son you have to find a way down the middle, fuck the left and right-wing bullshit. There are answers to problems. It starts when you look at that man in the mirror and start by changing that person.
There was a time when I would have agreed with you, but after seeing what's become of the Left-Wing and the Democratic Party, I have vowed to vote for Republicans for as long as it makes Democrats weep blood for them to win.

Yes, I find it distasteful and yes, I'm voting for "the wrong reasons," but so is everyone else...so...*shrug*

I also advocate that the Republicans start using the very same tactics that the Democrats use. It's time to stop being "the bigger person" and time to start fighting fire with fire.

"Getting in the muck with a pig only gets you dirty and is fun for the pig." As true as that may be, getting into the muck with the pig is really the only way to get close enough to the pig to slash its fuckin' throat and make some bacon.

Let's get dirty and have bacon, I say!
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:59 am And who hires illegal immigrants? Republicans.
mosespa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 1:44 pm Depends on what you mean by "hire."

Democrats use them for political gain, votes, etc. etc. etc.
Lot of farmers and business owners voting blue, eh? That makes sense. There wouldn't be a reason for them to come here if they couldn't find work, and the vast majority of them send their money home and eventually return home as well, so closing the border would actual be a bad idea.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I just think it's funny that Democrats screech and wail about how oppressive this country is to "minorities," but they want more and more of them to come.

I saw some Leftard opining that if one runs around all day yelling about Antifa, then maybe one is the fascist that they're supposedly fighting against.

I replied "now do "racism!""
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

I'm a republican on paper so I can vote against bible-thumpers in the primaries - I actually switched parties in order to vote against Hillary Clinton in the primaries - but very few countries are operating on constitutions written 200-plus years ago, and I don't think there's anything particularly special about this one that won't keep it from imploding. It was built on fucking terrible ideas like manifest destiny, and the only thing that keeps it going are terrible ideas like nationalism.
penguinzzz
Axe
Axe

Post by penguinzzz »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Thu Jul 29, 2021 4:21 pm Anyone ever notice how similar the melody, harmonies, and chord progressions of "The Show Must Go On" and "Waiting for the Worms" are to "The Narrow Way, Part 3"?
I assume you're talking about the intros, which are based on chords / melodies from 'Mother' - which is nothing like 'The Narrow Way'.

I see the harmonies as pastiches of stuff like the chorus to 'Time', or even 'Give Birth To A Smile' if you want to go back that far.

So, no.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Oooh ma, oooh pa, must the show go on

Goodbye cruel world, it's over, walk on by

Close your ears and eyes, be on your way
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

...and the more that empty words take the place of things, the more they come not to denote , but to supplant.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

mosespa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 2:27 pm I just think it's funny that Democrats screech and wail about how oppressive this country is to "minorities," but they want more and more of them to come.
The USA does have several policies that hold down minorities, as well as a raging police brutality problem. These I don't think can be disputed much. You are right that on the surface the Democrats wanting to bring more people into the country who could be victimised by these systems does look hypocritical. In terms of the lawmakers and the politicians, you're absolutely right. However in terms of the people I know the feeling is more that two things can be true at once - immigration is good, and the USA still has a long way to go in terms of civil rights. The hope is to make a better country for people to move into. Moreover many of the people that the Democrats are referring to are refugees, who are running from countries far worse than the USA in terms of civil liberties.
That's my two cents on that.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:35 pm
1. The USA does have several policies that hold down minorities, as well as a raging police brutality problem.

2. These I don't think can be disputed much.

3. You are right that on the surface the Democrats wanting to bring more people into the country who could be victimised by these systems does look hypocritical. In terms of the lawmakers and the politicians, you're absolutely right. However in terms of the people I know the feeling is more that two things can be true at once - immigration is good, and the USA still has a long way to go in terms of civil rights. The hope is to make a better country for people to move into. Moreover many of the people that the Democrats are referring to are refugees, who are running from countries far worse than the USA in terms of civil liberties.

4. That's my two cents on that.
1. The policies which hold down minorites are, more often than not (Biden and Harris included in this,) written by Leftists/Democrats. As for the Police Brutality problem, stop drinking the Kool-Aid, mate. The Left screeched for body cams on cops until they got them and the video footage didn't support the narrative. Body cams are now gone.

2. Obviously, I disagree. As can anyone who actually lives in the States and doesn't buy into whatever CNN and MSNBC spew forth in the name of fear-mongering and ratings.

3. But the people that you know give their support and votes to the politicians that you agree are problematic. My best friend "leans left" (to use his term,) and I remind him regularly that he is supporting these people who are doing things that even he thinks is shady. If one keeps voting for these people, then one is throwing their tacit agreement with the problems, whether or not they SAY that they condone them. Their vote is all the condoning one needs.

4. "Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your two cents in? Someone's making a penny."--Stephen Wright
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

mosespa wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 8:42 pm 1. The policies which hold down minorites are, more often than not (Biden and Harris included in this,) written by Leftists/Democrats. As for the Police Brutality problem, stop drinking the Kool-Aid, mate. The Left screeched for body cams on cops until they got them and the video footage didn't support the narrative. Body cams are now gone.

2. Obviously, I disagree. As can anyone who actually lives in the States and doesn't buy into whatever CNN and MSNBC spew forth in the name of fear-mongering and ratings.

3. But the people that you know give their support and votes to the politicians that you agree are problematic. My best friend "leans left" (to use his term,) and I remind him regularly that he is supporting these people who are doing things that even he thinks is shady. If one keeps voting for these people, then one is throwing their tacit agreement with the problems, whether or not they SAY that they condone them. Their vote is all the condoning one needs.

4. "Why is it a penny for your thoughts, but you have to put your two cents in? Someone's making a penny."--Stephen Wright
1. I won't disagree with you about Biden and Harris. I dislike them as much as anyone else, including my friends who are further left than I. And on the topic of police brutality, I neither have the time nor the arsenal of sources to fully discuss that, but I have been assured that it is a problem. It isn't unique to the USA either, I will admit - I won't stand here and act as if any country I've lived in has any moral high ground. Up here in Canada Indigenous people are treated not very well by police, leading to a disproportionate number of missing Indigenous women not being properly investigated for example. And even if it were not an issue, I still think it kind of absurd that police training in the USA is a matter of weeks or months. Surely it should be longer?
I am not on the team of abolishing the police as many people I know are - as far as I know that would cause more problems and exacerbate others - but a sweeping reform of how they are used would be nice. One example I see frequently is that armed police officers should not be dispatched in mental health crises, the idea being funding a sort of social worker system for that sort of thing. The specifics of how such a thing would work elude me, but on the surface I think it would be a good idea.

2. CNN and MSNBC are obviously not very good journalism. Again, I have no argument against that. But I can still glean fundamental issues with how the country works by editing out the fluff and looking right at the facts. One such topic I can list is on the government stimulus cheques for COVID-19. It is blatantly obvious to me, source regardless, that the government didn't do enough for the people there. In Canada, those on CERB received cheques for a month's living wage every month until they were no longer eligible, which is infinitely more than the USA did. This is just a fact, and it doesn't matter where I had heard this. So long as I retain the critical thinking skills, I can separate the nonsense from the fact being reported and formulate an opinion thusly.

3. The 2020 election was, for my USA friends, the worst. They wanted Trump out of office, but they also were well aware that Biden sucks too. Most of them were operating under the logic of the lesser of two evils. In that situation I would have probably chosen not to vote because neither candidate represented what I think the USA needed the most. I liked Bernie Sanders early in the election, and it's no shock the Democrats shut him down - he might have actually enacted policy to help people in the country.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Can we please return to the thread topic of 'Pink Floyd - The Wall'...
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

twcc wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:21 pm Can we please return to the thread topic of 'Pink Floyd - The Wall'...
Sorry 'bout that, chief
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

twcc wrote: Sun Aug 01, 2021 10:21 pm Can we please return to the thread topic of 'Pink Floyd - The Wall'...
Or at least that other wall that Trump and his xenophobic administration never finished? And can we keep it all to one thread, please and thank you.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eZL4tIqmzI

just imagine this footage in HD released some day along with the Earls Court footage