Momentary Lapse of Reason - Remixed and Updated - Oct 2021

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Momentary Lapse of Reason - Remixed and Updated - Oct 2021

Post by Hadrian »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 11:51 am My favourite thing is the fact that they opened up the top of the cover so the panorama from the original becomes the bottom half of the new cover. It gives the whole artwork a lot more space and is a much better design than the original cover (I can't say I've ever been overly keen of the layout of the original art layout).
Indeed, it looks great. I wonder if the band's photo from 1987 (Pink Floyd as duo, only David and Nick) will be inside again. Rick was not officially a band member again until 1993, he was a hired hand on a salary essentially.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Hadrian wrote: Wed Sep 08, 2021 4:24 pm Indeed, it looks great. I wonder if the band's photo from 1987 (Pink Floyd as duo, only David and Nick) will be inside again. Rick was not officially a band member again until 1993, he was a hired hand on a salary essentially.
My hope is that, with Rick now more present on the album, they respect his presence and put in a photo of all three of them - probably one from the 1988-89 tour.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Yes, very likely. A bit of a retrofit, but a way to further honour Rick.
JohnColtrane
Embryo
Embryo

Post by JohnColtrane »

What Records have a picture of the inner sleeve photo rightly showing all 3 together (now all the legal risks and complications are history): https://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/a-m ... /98991.htm

I know this is for a separate thread, but whilst on the topic of Rick, I really hope Broken China gets a full remix and release in due course.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

JohnColtrane wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 8:52 am What Records have a picture of the inner sleeve photo rightly showing all 3 together (now all the legal risks and complications are history): https://www.whatrecords.co.uk/items/a-m ... /98991.htm
Gosh, not sure that photo is 80's enough actually :lol: But it's good to see all three of them in the cover at last.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

What are your throughts on the demo of Yet Another Movie?
I thought, this week, that we would put up the original demo, written by Pat Leonard and myself, for what was to become ‘Yet Another Movie’ on the ‘A Momentary Lapse of Reason’ album.
Pat Leonard and I met up at Astoria in September 1986 a couple of days after I had played on a Bryan Ferry track that he was producing.
We had a glass or two of wine and jammed for hours. For some reason that I can no longer remember I had chosen the fretless bass as my instrument of the day.
It turned into a beautiful song.
David.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEdNyEnm0e4
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

I really loved this Yet Another Movie demo, and I wish pink floyd would release more stuff from the vaults due to them always sounding interesting.
This demo is a must for people into electronic / atmospheric music.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:19 pm I really loved this Yet Another Movie demo, and I wish pink floyd would release more stuff from the vaults due to them always sounding interesting.
If they only would release some overpriced box sets where these demos would fit in... oh wait...
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Yucateco wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:26 am
Eclipse wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:19 pm I really loved this Yet Another Movie demo, and I wish pink floyd would release more stuff from the vaults due to them always sounding interesting.
If they only would release some overpriced box sets where these demos would fit in... oh wait...
Haha true! I would be really disappointed if I had bought the Later Years box, since this demo is not there.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

i got the box set annoyed more then anything that other live footage & audio was not included. But to get this demo and the marooned one for free no complaints from me.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Jon Carin's official facebook page seems to have been removed. Can anyone else see it? Is it just me? I wanted to get some of his quotes about A Momentary Lapse of Reason from there but he appears to have... gone.

https://www.facebook.com/joncarinofficial
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Keith Jordan wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:45 pm Jon Carin's official facebook page seems to have been removed. Can anyone else see it? Is it just me? I wanted to get some of his quotes about A Momentary Lapse of Reason from there but he appears to have... gone.

https://www.facebook.com/joncarinofficial
I can't see his facebook page either.
His instagram is active, but I couldn't find any post related to AMLOR:

https://www.instagram.com/joncarinartist/