Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Niebla de Fuego
Axe
Axe

Re: Animals re-issue including 5.1 mix coming

Post by Niebla de Fuego »

Gslatner wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:28 am Maybe if Roger would stop running his mouth about the others in the band they might throw him a bone and release some of his stuff but after the podcast he just did I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Which podcast?
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Gslatner wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 12:28 am Maybe if Roger would stop running his mouth about the others in the band they might throw him a bone and release some of his stuff but after the podcast he just did I wouldn’t hold my breath.
Oh boy, what did he say this time?
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

I haven't listened to it yet, but this 1 hour 18 minutes podcast from two weeks ago might or might not be relevant.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRYuljS1u7w
WTF with Marc Maron Podcast

Roger Waters wrote songs that changed rock and roll, organized them in ways that changed how albums were made, and performed them in ways that changed how concerts were staged. The Pink Floyd frontman tells Marc why he only now feels like he's getting it right. They also talk about his Pink Floyd bandmates, John Lennon, Neil Young, Eric Clapton, and the state of the world.
EDIT: This interview is from six years ago, comments say. From just before ITtLWRW was released. That this interview has just been released in this medium explains why it's suddenly newsworthy. (I've seen it mentioned elsewhere.) Or, have I failed to find the right podcast.

This podcast includes the 'toxic environment' comments that I've seen others mentioning later on other forums.
Niebla de Fuego
Axe
Axe

Post by Niebla de Fuego »

Annoying Twit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 1:24 pm EDIT: This interview is from six years ago, comments say. From just before ITtLWRW was released. That this interview has just been released in this medium explains why it's suddenly newsworthy. (I've seen it mentioned elsewhere.) Or, have I failed to find the right podcast.

This podcast includes the 'toxic environment' comments that I've seen others mentioning later on other forums.
I listened to that podcast the same week it aired 6 years ago. Here's the link to the original broadcast: https://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episode-755-roger-waters The most recent episodes of that podcast are always free to listen, but after a few months they are sent to the archive and people have to pay to listen to old episodes.

But is not new to Youtube either. Here's an upload from 2016, just two days after it was originally released:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsKuQkE-Od4

with more than 50.000 views.

Now, the question is why people are digging up now such an old interview and cherry-picking certain fragments. I don't particularly like Roger's attitude and comments, but I think whoever takes the trouble to go 6 years to an old interview and revive it must have certain objective in his mind.
Annoying Twit
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Annoying Twit »

Niebla de Fuego wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 pm Now, the question is why people are digging up now such an old interview and cherry-picking certain fragments. I don't particularly like Roger's attitude and comments, but I think whoever takes the trouble to go 6 years to an old interview and revive it must have certain objective in his mind.
I've seen this old podcast mentioned quite a lot in multiple places on the net. I presume it's due to the way that things spread in our modern connected world. The new posting may have caused a wave of it spreading. Emergent behaviour.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Yep, slow news cycles on the music media sites cause them to take any recent speculation and throw in an older clip to make it seem worth clicking on.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Annoying Twit wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:46 pm
Niebla de Fuego wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:22 pm Now, the question is why people are digging up now such an old interview and cherry-picking certain fragments. I don't particularly like Roger's attitude and comments, but I think whoever takes the trouble to go 6 years to an old interview and revive it must have certain objective in his mind.
I've seen this old podcast mentioned quite a lot in multiple places on the net. I presume it's due to the way that things spread in our modern connected world. The new posting may have caused a wave of it spreading. Emergent behaviour.
The Law of Unintended Consequences? *shrug*

Some people have a pretty myopic view of Newton's Third Law. *shrug*

#LetsGetMetaphysical

#ExtrapolateBaby

#ThisWeedTho
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Not sure if the thread has learn't the Animals remix will be released in June 2022?

Thanks Mikel for sharing the images from the Mortal Remains exhibition currently in LA. :-)
Animals Release Date June 2022.jpg
Cover
Animals Release Date June 2022 Cover.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gslatner
Axe
Axe

Post by Gslatner »

That gives me hope but I’ll believe it when I see it lol
Gslatner
Axe
Axe

Post by Gslatner »

Are we taking bets on wether this comes out or not this month as predicted?
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Gslatner wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 12:50 am Are we taking bets on wether this comes out or not this month as predicted?
Given the complete and total absence of news about it, I'd wager we're waiting a little longer.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

On the Steve Hoffman forums it's been said that it should come out on September 30.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

DarkSideFreak wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:22 am On the Steve Hoffman forums it's been said that it should come out on September 30.
They got a source for that, or is it just conjecture?
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:33 am
DarkSideFreak wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 8:22 am On the Steve Hoffman forums it's been said that it should come out on September 30.
They got a source for that, or is it just conjecture?
The source is Aubrey Powell. Not infallible, of course.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

It was always going to be delayed.

Is the evidence for the delay online? Interview etc?