Rock Legends Record Pink Floyd’s Animals Album in its Entirety in Animals Reimagined

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rock Legends Record Pink Floyd’s Animals Album in its Entirety in Animals Reimagined

Post by Keith Jordan »

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/rock ... reimagined

Following the wildly successful Still Wish You Were Here project released earlier this year, another gathering of classic, prog and art rock superstars have come together to recreate and reimagine Pink Floyd’s ambitious 1977 concept album, Animals!

Fusing the white-hot guitar work of Floyd guitarist David Gilmour with the stone-cold cynicism of Roger Water’s lyrics, Animals is widely hailed by die-hard Floyd fans as one of the group’s most highly conceptual and uncompromising albums of their career, and certainly set the template for the commercial breakthrough that would come two years later with 1979’s The Wall.

Now, some of the most veteran players and singers on the planet including jazz-rock guitar legend Al Di Meola, psych-rock godfather Arthur Brown, drum master Billy Cobham, UFO’s Vinnie Moore, Bauhaus’s David J, Dream Theater’s James LaBrie, and so many more come to give their unique spins to this magnum opus.

Each track of this groundbreaking work has been completely reimagined with modern production flourishes and tasteful musical additions while staying true to the original album’s heady and subtly complex compositions.

Just listen to the new version of “Dogs,” a superb 17-minute suite sung by Rainbow’s Graham Bonnet with Vinnie Moore on guitar, Utopia’s Kasim Sulton on bass, Dream Theater’s Jordan Rudess on keyboards, and King Crimson drummer Pat Mastelotto.

Stream “Dogs”: https://orcd.co/graham_bonnet_vinnie_moore_dogs
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rock Legends Record Pink Floyd’s Animals Album in its Entirety in Animals Reimagined

Post by Keith Jordan »

I just had a listen to the album, sounds great. :-({|=
mosespa

Re: Rock Legends Record Pink Floyd’s Animals Album in its Entirety in Animals Reimagined

Post by mosespa »

Do I smell Billy Sherwood?
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

Keith Jordan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 7:56 pm I just had a listen to the album, sounds great. :-({|=
I really loved the Still Wish You Were Here tribute. Many of my prog idols are in that tribute to one of my favorite albums of all time. Can't wait for this Animals one too!