New Roger Waters Song

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
viewaskewser
Embryo
Embryo

New Roger Waters Song

Post by viewaskewser »

Roger played a new song he wrote during quarantine at a Julian Assange benefit on Sunday, October 24th in NYC

Here's the video:
https://youtu.be/lJ32AtJXtIY?t=3364

Roger comes on around 56 minutes in
The song begins around 1:01:30
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Re: New Roger Waters Song

Post by thefinalmutt »

Oh yeah, it's 'The Bar'. A sneak-peak of the studio version was featured on a previous interview w/ Randy Credico
Can anyone make out the lyrics ?
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I got some of it....

Better quality audio > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HM9b73caKvE

Does everybody in the bar feel shame?
Lord knows I do. I guess we all feel pretty much the same.
Kind of worn out by this crazy fu**ing suits. the smell of napalm, with their cornflakes.
The chance of killing everything that breathes.
Imposing sanctions,on the lady down the street. Until she takes the hint, and packs her bags, and leaves
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

The JA recording certainly features many familiar Roger Waters riffs and styles; it had a slight feel of 'Final Cut' in places.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

It is wonderful that we have the freedom and the technology to write and share protest songs from the comfort of our gated communities, thousands of miles from we actually hold citizenship.

I wonder if Roger will stay in New York when the income tax goes up next year, or if he and Shakira will go halfsies on another private island.
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 5:08 am It is wonderful that we have the freedom and the technology to write and share protest songs from the comfort of our gated communities, thousands of miles from we actually hold citizenship.

I wonder if Roger will stay in New York when the income tax goes up next year, or if he and Shakira will go halfsies on another private island.
:smt024 'Rich people aren't allowed an opinion' :smt024 :smt024 'also that thing I read once in a tabloid that conveniently fits my pre-concieved view of a person is definitely definitely true' :smt024 :smt024 :smt024 '(also I just really hate him for some reason)'
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Rich people are entitled to their opinion - hell, they're entitled to lots of things. And lifelong hypocrites are allowed to pander and preach, and I'm allowed to point and laugh.
Syth
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Syth »

I like that he's speaking up about this.