Running

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Eclipse

Running

Post by Eclipse »

Anyone here enjoys running? If so, how many times a week do you enjoy doing it?
I usually do it for around one hour (mixing intervals between walking slow, walking faster, and running) after work, from around 7 to 8 pm.
It is good to listen to WYWH/Animals in a row while doing it \:D/
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Running

Post by Keith Jordan »

I used to go the gym twice a week and do a 5k run each time. When the Covid hit, I stopped. Now i'm a big old fatty!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Jim Fixx, the guy who literally wrote the book on running, died of a heart attack whilst...wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...running.

Hard pass.

I only run if something is chasing me.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

mosespa wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:39 pm Jim Fixx, the guy who literally wrote the book on running, died of a heart attack whilst...wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...running.

Hard pass.

I only run if something is chasing me.

indeed there are some strange cases of sports practitioneers dying similarly.
it is hard to know which is the proper amount of physical activity, or "inactivity"
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

I really like it. I got into running maybe 2002. Didn't do an awful lot but maybe a run a week at the time. I got seriously into it after a relationship collapsed around 2007. Where I lived at the time, we had a canal complete with towpath. Run during the day when the nasty kids are at school and it would be deserted. The peace and quiet is always nice. I never wear headphones when running in the country. I much prefer the sounds around me. Running in town with headphones strikes me as unsafe. You can't hear anything!
During lockdown, I set myself a goal of 100 miles in a month. I did it twice and must have totaled around 500 miles from March 2021 - March 2022. Hardly lost any weight though. Why I have literally no idea!
Where we live now, we are surrounded by the countryside. There are some lovely villages so the incentive to run is high. The scenery, the peace, the quiet, the fields of sheep, horses, cows etc, it all adds up.
Yes I do it to keep the body functioning, but also for some kind of inner therapy. I firmly believe one feels better if he/she reconnects with the earth and nature all around. It's like some kind of grounding I think.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

mosespa wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:39 pm Jim Fixx, the guy who literally wrote the book on running, died of a heart attack whilst...wait for it...wait for it...wait for it...running.
More brilliant and unique insights from this forum's resident tortured genius.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

my breakfast. wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:55 pm More brilliant and unique insights from this forum's resident tortured genius.
Oddly enough, the torture stops when you get off of my nuts. *shrug*
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

my breakfast. wrote: Fri Oct 29, 2021 8:55 pm
More brilliant and unique insights from this forum's resident tortured genius.

glad to see mybreakfast back, and early in the morning here ( ~5 am, with summer sun arriving). And I am hungry for my early meal.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

I've kinda been missing the little curmudgeon, myself. It's good to see someone else spraying venom. :D
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Is it piss or venom :lol:
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Depends on which snowflake you ask, I guess. *shrug*