Pink Floyd The Endless River

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this Album

5 - Best
12%
35%
26%
16%
1 - Worst
12%

Total votes: 43

DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Re: Pink Floyd The Endless River

Post by DarkSideFreak »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:01 amAlso, I believe the first week of jamming in '93 was just the three of them, plus Bob Ezrin; Guy Pratt came in during the second or third week. Pratt provided the bass for "On Noodle Street" and "Talkin' Hawkin'"...in 2013; "Allons-y" and "Louder Than Words" feature Ezrin on bass, while "Skins" and "Eyes to Pearls" feature Andy Jackson (and all other bass parts were played Gilmour). This could at least suggest that the tracks with Ezrin were farther along way back then.
You're right. The fact that those two tracks ("Allons-y" and "Louder Than Words") were pretty well developed also underlines that. They were very likely contenders for TDB and/or its companion album.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

and any of the endless river tracks (except for the horrid Louder than Words) would be better on TDB than crap like Take it Back, Coming back to Life and Lost for Words
Frydas Floyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Frydas Floyd »

I like Endless River a lot.
I believe it's an album with a lot of emotion which is the strong element of Pink Floyd and also that it is like a kaleidoscopic view of all of their periods with some new elements in it.

Somethig that i want to point is that the only piece of it i think that should be left out is Anisina,which does not conclude well the second part of the album.
I also think that it would be a magnificent album if it was completed when Rick Wright was alive,with his opinion and his input in their tracks from 1993.
I think that Gilmour knows that and he has regreted that they did not completed it back then.
In a way it is his "Wish you were here" to Rick.

p.s

I think that a great track for it would be the Island Jam .The passion of Rick Wright in the live version of it is something magnificent.That piece of music should get a proper release to be more known.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Frydas Floyd wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:26 pm I think that a great track for it would be the Island Jam .The passion of Rick Wright in the live version of it is something magnificent.That piece of music should get a proper release to be more known.
Rick wasn't on the studio version of "Island Jam", which featured Paul "Wix" Wickens on the Hammond organ and was released as the b-side to "Smile". Rick only played organ on the title track, and sang on "The Blue".
Frydas Floyd
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Frydas Floyd »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sun Nov 14, 2021 2:20 pm
Frydas Floyd wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 3:26 pm I think that a great track for it would be the Island Jam .The passion of Rick Wright in the live version of it is something magnificent.That piece of music should get a proper release to be more known.
Rick wasn't on the studio version of "Island Jam", which featured Paul "Wix" Wickens on the Hammond organ and was released as the b-side to "Smile". Rick only played organ on the title track, and sang on "The Blue".
I had seen Rick Wright in the 5 minute island jam and concidered it was part of the Barn jams.

I didn't know that there's a studio version of it as b-side of Smile with Paul "Wix" Wickens in the Hammond organ.Thanks for the info.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

This video was posted on Gilmour's website for a few days around Christmas 2005, months before On An Island was released.

https://youtu.be/vaKIdlXCjHE

They did play it during the Barn Jams a year later, and at the premiere of Remember That Night in September 2007.

Rick was only brought in towards the end of recording On An Island, which David certainly regretted, and Rick almost turned down the offer to join the tour, which he said he would've regretted.