David Gilmour hypothetical set list for a future tour or shows

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Re: David Gilmour hypothetical set list for a future tour or shows

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Djgilmour wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:16 am Near the End
The Final Cut
Dogs
Maybe at Roger's wake 🤞
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Niebla de Fuego wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:18 pm Whatever songs a tour may include, they will surely sound different after having sold most of his guitars that provided the classic sound.
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 2:32 pm He kept the closest replicas of the Black Strat for himself, and he has plenty others, including the sunburst Tele he wrote and performed "Dogs" with. I am curious which guitar he was referring to in the recent interview about his next album.
It's also funny to see the lesser-known guitars he used in the studio, like his Fender Jaguar, or that he used the "Another Brick in the Wall" Les Paul on Division Bell. Whatever he plays in the future, he'll sound like himself.

My current guesses as to what guitar he's using now would be either a Hofner Club, or a hollowbody Gibson.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

he deserves it and enjoy his semi retirement & if he does decide to release an album and do a mini tour we are lucky if that happens in a few years after covid. As David has said he is wary of doing shows right now
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

At this stage, I'd be surprised if he does many more live performances at all. Sadly, his voice isn't what it was and I can't see him going down the Roger Waters route (let's not open that can of worms today...) He's 76 this year and looks like a man who's much more content living a quiet life out of the spotlight. It's a shame but at the same time, he owes us nothing.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Yeah he does seem very relaxed enjoying spending time with his family these days in some form of retirement, i mean who can blame him at 76 does he need to tour again not really does he have the energy and wiliness to go thru all that again, maybe he does maybe he doesn't it.
ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

Neither does Rog, but someone has to pay for his next divorce.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

ZiggyZipgun wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:26 pm Neither does Rog, but someone has to pay for his next divorce.
:lol: true
Chris Walton
Axe
Axe

Post by Chris Walton »

Only roger waters has grand rights to the wall. Both David Gilmour and Nick Mason cannot play more than three songs from the Wall in any touring
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

azza200 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:04 pm Yeah he does seem very relaxed enjoying spending time with his family these days in some form of retirement, i mean who can blame him at 76 does he need to tour again not really does he have the energy and wiliness to go thru all that again, maybe he does maybe he doesn't it.
I honestly love that for him. Watching the Von Trapped videos on YouTube put the biggest smile on my face, especially when he sang with Romany.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

He is at peace with life and himself and does not need or want any more hassle in his life unlike a certain fellow band member beginning with R