Roger waters and pink Floyd dispute

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
JohnColtrane
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Roger waters and pink Floyd dispute

Post by JohnColtrane »

Chris

I thank you for the work you did back then. Ultimately it did lead on to the development of more ideas and great music from both sides. People often forget the importance of the back office support and structures surrounding big bands like this.
Chris Walton
Axe
Axe

Post by Chris Walton »

I was surprised at how good Richard Wright was no wonder roger kicked him out first
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

wow that derailed into bs territory quite fast
Chris Walton
Axe
Axe

Post by Chris Walton »

What on earth are you talking
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

Chris Walton wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 am What on earth are you talking
This:
Chris Walton wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 am I was surprised at how good Richard Wright was no wonder roger kicked him out first
Absolutely ridiculous
Chris Walton
Axe
Axe

Post by Chris Walton »

This is a fact I worked with Gilmour and attended board meetings of pink Floyd music ltd. Kindly keep your thoughts to yourself and stop your nonsense. You don’t know any member of pink Floyd
Kerry King
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Kerry King »

Telling someone to keep their thoughts to themselves on a message board?

Maybe we should all keep our thoughts to ourselves.
Chris Walton wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 am
I was surprised at how good Richard Wright was no wonder roger kicked him out first
If Rog was kicking members out based on how good they were then Gilmour would have been the second one to go after Barrett.
Chris Walton
Axe
Axe

Post by Chris Walton »

Gilmour replaced Sid.

The contracts with emi a and cbs require that roger or david must be part of future recordings to be accepted as pink
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters and Pink Floyd dispute

Post by Wolfpack »

Chris Walton wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 11:02 amThis is a fact I worked with Gilmour and attended board meetings of pink Floyd music ltd. Kindly keep your thoughts to yourself and stop your nonsense. You don’t know any member of pink Floyd
How much does anyone know any member of Pink Floyd. You've met them several times in the late 1980s.
If "knowing" one or more Pink Floyd members is a criterion, there won't be much discussion in this fan community. :D
Kerry King wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 5:06 pm
Chris Walton wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 10:20 amI was surprised at how good Richard Wright was no wonder roger kicked him out first
If Rog was kicking members out based on how good they were then Gilmour would have been the second one to go after Barrett.
Wright of the late 1980s is not the Wright of the late 1970s. People change!
Gilmour and Mason agreed to fire him. That was a different time, without Walton's involvement.
thefinalmutt
Axe
Axe

Post by thefinalmutt »

Chris Walton wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 3:06 am Gilmour replaced Sid.
Not true. David was approached to supplement Syd's playing+singing way before it was decided that the latter should leave ; and even after that, he developed his own style which largely contributed to orientating the band's music in a new direction. Gilmour was never meant to replace Syd, nor did he effectively end up replacing him. At the very least he played his parts for some of 1968, and that's not a position he or the band was quite comfortable with.
Wolfpack wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 8:01 pm -How much does anyone know any member of Pink Floyd. You've met them several times in the late 1980s.

-Wright of the late 1980s is not the Wright of the late 1970s. People change!
Gilmour and Mason agreed to fire him. That was a different time, without Walton's involvement.
Very good points Wolfpack. It doesn't make sense to expect the director of Pink Floyd Music ltd to have genuine interpersonal relations with members of the band and know their true intentions.
I would expect him, however, to write in slightly better English and spell 'Syd' correctly...
Sorry but you don't really have me convinced, Chris (or was it Jerome ?) :wink:
Chris Walton
Axe
Axe

Post by Chris Walton »

I am using an iPad. Normally I would use word and a pc with a big screen. If I write a report I would print it out and read it carefully.
I worked as Gilmour’s accountant fot 17 years. re

I went to the quarterly board meetings for six years. Only Roger and David attended these board meetings Rick Wright and Nick Mason sent their financial advisors.
I also attended on barristers and solicitors to the band
I did the accounts of the two post roger tours.
I disagree with your comment that David and Nick threw Richard Wright from the pink Floyd. Roger got rid of him as he became lazy in writing songs. The recording contracts required that Roger or David plus one other member of Pink Floyd be in Pink Floyd albums.
Hopefully this has cleared up your thoughts on the matter.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

Chris Walton wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 11:09 amThe next meeting was in David’s boathouse in Walton on Thames. That meeting became heated and roger told David why and when he started to hate David.
Can you tell a bit more about what Waters said? When did he started to hate Gilmour, for example?
Chris Walton wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:29 pmI worked as Gilmour’s accountant fot 17 years.
Gilmour is one member of Pink Floyd.
Who knows what an accountant of Waters might have to say.
Chris Walton wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:29 pmI disagree with your comment that David and Nick threw Richard Wright from the pink Floyd. Roger got rid of him as he became lazy in writing songs. The recording contracts required that Roger or David plus one other member of Pink Floyd be in Pink Floyd albums.
Just to be clear about who is the "he". You mean Wright became lazy in writing songs?
Chris Walton
Axe
Axe

Post by Chris Walton »

Yes I am referring to Richard Wright. Roger Waters thought that Richard Wright was not doing enough work to contribute to writing songs
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Chris, you need to understand that to sum here it doesn't matter that you worked for Dave and PF for 17 years. They are gonna either think you're full of shit or that they simply know more than you, sad really. When this happens just remember the saying ( I feel for ya but I just can't reach ya) and let it go. It's on them not you.
Chris Walton
Axe
Axe

Post by Chris Walton »

It’s sad that I am probably the only person on this forum to know the members of pink Floyd and yet I am pilloried for this. The only thing that I am happy about is fleshing out the book written by Nick Mason which was done by one of the members of this forum