Roger Waters - Ca Ira

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
10%
8%
30%
23%
1 - Worst
30%

Total votes: 40

ZiggyZipgun
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Roger Waters - Ca Ira

Post by ZiggyZipgun »

rockfenris2005 wrote: Mon Mar 01, 2021 5:44 pm I've still never heard this, but always been curious about it. Still would love to see what a Roger "The Wall" musical would be like. I remember first hearing about that in 2004. Will it ever happen?
Hey, I just mentioned that the other day!
ZiggyZipgun wrote: Mon Feb 22, 2021 12:59 pmSide note: Roger has been actively involved in creating a Broadway musical version of The Wall for...17 years. By 2010, he'd already rewritten it four times. It will apparently include songs from Dark Side, Wish You Were Here, and other albums, so hopefully David is exercising his power of veto.
rockfenris2005
Axe
Axe

Post by rockfenris2005 »

The last I remember hearing, the book writer of Billy Elliot: The Musical was writing the script.
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

I've just looked through this thread and realised that I had not posted here before !

I find Ça Ira to be a painful listen, the music on the 3 disc 'English' version is stunningly presented in SACD and the performance envelops the listener but leaves me frustrated as I strain to listen, interpret and understand. I also have the 2 disc 'French' version and although it is only regular CD I find this is easier to enjoy as there is no chance that I can understand the words (I am a Brit and speak English).

For real completists there's a 'Solicitation Video' issued by Sony BMG with some of the back story by Roger and some manuscript images.
rockfenris2005
Axe
Axe

Post by rockfenris2005 »

I didn't realize it had been recorded in both English and French.
Painmaster
Blade
Blade

Post by Painmaster »

Was there ever a french version of this released? I remember hearing there was going to be.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

I think I only listened to this once - at the time that was enough - maybe I'll drag it out and give it another listen
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

Painmaster wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:44 am Was there ever a french version of this released? I remember hearing there was going to be.
Yes, two disc with regular CDs in French ... Sony Classical/Columbia S2K 93934

and, for the records, three disc English with one DVD and two SACDs ... Sony Classical/Columbia S2H 60867