Richard Wright - Broken China

Discussions about Pink Floyd and Solo Official Album CDs and DVDs.

Rate this album

5 - Best
31%
19%
29%
13%
1 - Worst
9%

Total votes: 70

WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Re: Richard Wright - Broken China

Post by WebBrown »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Tue Jun 29, 2021 10:36 pm The drum loops are a fascinating part of that album for me - you're totally right in saying they're very un-Floydian. I think my favourite example is on "Runaway" - the drum loop that plays in the left speaker in the intro was interesting, then the main beat being layered on top of it added a nice bit of dimension to the whole thing. It all sounds very close to electronica, and I wonder how far in that direction Wright would have gone had he kept producing solo work.
Speaking about electronica - do you agree that Night of thousand furry toys is very much similar to Faithless - Insomnia especially since Maxi and Wright were very good friends ..
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

WebBrown wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:10 pm Speaking about electronica - do you agree that Night of thousand furry toys is very much similar to Faithless - Insomnia especially since Maxi and Wright were very good friends ..
The synth pads that open the single version (about 3 minutes into the full version) have a similar vibe, but beyond that I'm not sure I see the similarity. It's not outside the realms of possibility that Wright was a little inspired by that sound though, but it could also be a case of a lot of 90s synths having a similar feel.
WebBrown
Axe
Axe

Post by WebBrown »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:37 pm
The synth pads that open the single version (about 3 minutes into the full version) have a similar vibe, but beyond that I'm not sure I see the similarity. It's not outside the realms of possibility that Wright was a little inspired by that sound though, but it could also be a case of a lot of 90s synths having a similar feel.
I was not saying they are same songs, so you are right 100 percent, but they share same idea and thoughts …