Pink Floyd Pulse DVD/Bluray for 2022

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Pink Floyd Pulse DVD/Bluray for 2022

Post by Keith Jordan »

https://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/pink ... -film-2022

On 18th February 2022, the Restored and Re-Edited version of Pink Floyd's P.U.L.S.E. concert film (shot on 20th October 1994 at London's Earls Court) is released as a 2 Blu-ray or 2 DVD deluxe box set, with the return of the flashing LED on the spine (as seen on the original 1995 CD release) powered by replaceable AA batteries! These deluxe packages include music videos, screen films, documentaries, rehearsal footage and more, along with a 60 page booklet.

In an interview from 1995, with Mojo Magazine, Nick Mason talked about the flashing LED. "Essentially, it's a device which we thought was entertaining. It's an idea of Storm Thorgerson's which related to Dark Side and the pulse, and it's a live album so the box is "alive". After that, in terms of seriously deep meanings, one might be struggling a bit."
pink floyd pulse 2022.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mrfloyd2
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Pink Floyd Pulse DVD/Bluray for 2022

Post by Mrfloyd2 »

I have the original Lazer Disc double disc dual sided release of this concert so was lucky enough to not loose VHS quality..

But why oh why re edit the thing.. What this time.. Cut the solo on comfortably numb.. Like Venis 1989.. Or cut money up like Venis 1989..

That was a real disappointment...
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

IMO the best edit of the concert is the 2006 DVD, yes there is some cool new angles but its not as good on certain songs as the DVD edit. High Hopes is the best cut on the 2006 DVD. Its good there is more shots of the band in the new edit.

you dont get this shot as well as its a quick cut
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CPsNi4ZM5U

which edit do you find better overall
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDKPz6KD8fs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HX_du6Gcp1w

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdPTec5ADFE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUEUE0qbpgg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vi7cuAjArRs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kWl-ZGMwkQ
bobbypoe
Embryo
Embryo

Post by bobbypoe »

I would have sworn "Astronomy Domine" kicked off the original Pulse videotape I had. I could be confusing the videotape with the CD version, but I guess I am wrong since the forthcoming version of Pulse only has "Astronomy Domine" as an audio track. I definitely remember "Astronomy Domine" was the first track played at the concert I saw in Washington, DC...
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

They also have now uploaded the 2018 remaster of Pulse album onto streaming services with One Of These Days included
RBucknall
Embryo
Embryo

Post by RBucknall »

The original CD had Astronomy Domine, What Do You Want From Me?, Hey You, and A Great Day For Freedom, which unfortunately are not on the DVD/BluRay. Would be better if this set included those on the Blu-Ray/DVD and also included a CD rather than having to try to find a way to extract the audio files!
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

They never played those songs when they recorded Pulse. You get Lost For Words & A Great Day For Freedom x2 as an extra from the rehearsal footage they pro-shot filmed that day. Good footage imo i agree would of been nice to get an extra live CD in TLY box set covering the other songs during the tour. Also Bootlegging the Bootleggers footage of Hey You and AD
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

i really can't stand this Gilmourian politics of "new release, add a minor new thing, but excludes something else from the older release"
this is annoying as hell!
just put all the stuff on a definitive version.
Why the hell excluding A Domine? Pfeeeh!
[/eclipsianRant]
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

bobbypoe wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:22 pm I would have sworn "Astronomy Domine" kicked off the original Pulse videotape I had. I could be confusing the videotape with the CD version, but I guess I am wrong since the forthcoming version of Pulse only has "Astronomy Domine" as an audio track. I definitely remember "Astronomy Domine" was the first track played at the concert I saw in Washington, DC...
You are right they did - here is the set list from the Washington show on the 10th July

Astronomy Domine
Learning To Fly
What Do You Want From Me
On The Turning Away
Take It Back
Coming Back To Life
Sorrow
Keep Talking
One Of These Days
Shine On You Crazy Diamond (par...
Breathe
Time / Breathe Reprise
High Hopes / The Great Gig In T...
Wish You Were Here
Us And Them
Money
Another Brick In The Wall Part 2
Comfortably Numb
Hey You
Run Like Hell
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:41 am i really can't stand this Gilmourian politics of "new release, add a minor new thing, but excludes something else from the older release"
[/eclipsianRant]
Its the record company not gilmour, but i do agree when they could put extras from 06 DVD on the extra's disc.
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:41 am i really can't stand this Gilmourian politics of "new release, add a minor new thing, but excludes something else from the older release"
[/eclipsianRant]
Astronomy Domine was never on any version of the video. What is missing from the new version is the "Bootlegging the Bootleggers" section.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 11:41 am Why the hell excluding A Domine? Pfeeeh!
"Astronomy Domine" is on the album version, but was never on the film due to the film being recorded on one night - 20 October 1994. They didn't play "Astronomy Domine" on that night, but they did on the 15th - which is when the album version was recorded.
Wolfpack
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Wolfpack »

azza200 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 5:02 pmIts the record company not gilmour,
I doubt the record company has much - if anything - to say about Pink Floyd releases.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Not long until 18th Feb release date now. Who is yet to see/get a copy?
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Just preordered myself a set. Pretty excited for it to arrive.