Ukraine war

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Ukraine war

Post by flashback »

I figured someone would have brought this up by now so what are your views of what's going on.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Re: Ukraine war

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

It's a mess. People dead. Putin useless.
And worse should it end over the next few weeks... Everyone will instead go on about the shitty Qatar World Cup bullshit.
Taliban resurgence and Afghanistan evacuation? No word. This happens. It's everywhere in the media and then it isn't. The wounds are still open. But people "move on" far too quickly for my liking.
And even if you get rid of Putin, whohellhe just gets the job instead.

I don't think it'll end in nukes. But that sells papers. I don't even feel we're getting the entire picture.
Apart from "Putin done fucked up big time". Which he has.
I've lost contact with a Russian friend. And even she's fucked off from her homeland.
Sorry I can't provide more insight. Not a military man or a diplomat. Just feel it'll end and get kicked further and further down the news agenda.

:cry: even that doesn't help.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Let me say it is terrible as to what is happening in Ukraine to the people. Putin seems to want to rebuild the Ussr in some way. This is what happens when you go on and on appeasing someone such as Putin. He sure picked a bad time to pull his bullshit out, with the world just coming out of covid lockdowns and supply chains just coming back online. This is gonna cost Russia 30-40 years of setbacks in their own economy. Russia will pay a price. The world tried to integrate economies as a way to stop this kind of useless war. Now they will end up being locked out of the integrated world to a major point. They will be a symbol of what happens when you interfere with the economic world order and the rest of the world will take note. A business will not invest in Russia again for the foreseeable future. They have cost the world a lot at a bad time and the world will not forget it for quite a while.
PooF
Hammer
Hammer

Post by PooF »

*Seven* years before the start of the current conflict:
https://youtu.be/JrMiSQAGOS4

It helps to expIain Roger Waters' position.