Hey Hey Rise Up

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Hey Hey Rise Up

Post by theaussiefloydian »

Jimi Dean Barrett wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:46 pm And on the same Download chart, down to 33 this week. Still think physical release is the next logical step for it.
They'd need a B-side for it though. I wager a live recording of something like "On the Turning Away" would be the logical choice if not another new song.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Definitely need a physical release and perhaps a whole album of material. :D
AnyColourYouLike
Axe
Axe

Post by AnyColourYouLike »

I think it's a lovely track and a good cause. The vocals are powerful to me and I quite like the solo. I don't think we'll see any more "Pink Floyd" per se, Nick seems happy doing his thing, similarly David with what he's been occasionally doing for the past 25+ years. A thing isn't beautiful because it lasts, but this was nice!
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Keith Jordan wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:35 am They are using the Pink Floyd "brand reach" to help publicise the cause. I have no problem with that. :)
As someone with "no skin in the game" (even as my so-called President is funding both sides of this conflict,) I just have to ask if you would feel the same way, were Gilmour to ridiculously be supporting Putin.

You know I had to ask. ;)
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

mosespa wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 6:48 am I just have to ask if you would feel the same way, were Gilmour to ridiculously be supporting Putin.
You know I had to ask. ;)
I can't speak for Keith, but from where I stand the two scenarios couldn't be more different. Here, we have a band helping a country under an unjustified, bloody attack. In your hypothetical, they would be supporting that boot stepping on a group of people. I know I would have been horrified and pretty depressed if David used the band name to back Putin.
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Well we were there and saw it's success, but Hey Hey Rise Up is out the UK Download charts on week three.

Did always think if ever I was in a band that's so successful and never need to do anything again, I'd still record but make the royalties funding charities.
I think it's impossible to write a pro-World Leader song. History will be the Judge on if it achieves anything.
Last edited by Jimi Dean Barrett on Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

theaussiefloydian wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 3:44 am They'd need a B-side for it though.
"Louder Than Words" was released as a single track CD back in 2014 (see: https://www.discogs.com/release/6194447 ... Than-Words). It contains a stand alone edit that does not blend with the rest of the album (i.e. clean start and end). Alas, promo avenues only, it could not be ordered or purchased in music stores. (I was hoping for a stand-alone single there, and a fully instrumental album following it, maybe integrating those extra bits from the deluxe version into the main work to compensate).

Interesting, they decided not to have a similar thing in 2022, this time as a commercial product.
theaussiefloydian
Hammer
Hammer

Hadrian wrote: Fri Apr 29, 2022 10:51 pm "Louder Than Words" was released as a single track CD back in 2014 (see: https://www.discogs.com/release/6194447 ... Than-Words). It contains a stand alone edit that does not blend with the rest of the album (i.e. clean start and end).
Ah, true. My brain just defaults to vinyl formats for stuff like this - mostly because single track CDs strike me as the most useless format imaginable.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Utter waste of plastic of course. To justify it, it would have to be something earth shattering indeed (a brand new one off hit song by The Beatles)
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Off topic -
Funny you mention that, the most recent 7-inch I purchased was The Beatles 'Last Radio Show 1965' EP issued earlier this year as REP046 ... a great little set of six archive recordings from 7th June 1965.
Hadrian
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Hadrian »

Very nice! (this is the one, I assume: https://www.discogs.com/release/2246448 ... -Show-1965)
Last edited by twcc on Wed May 04, 2022 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: EDIT by twcc ... YES, that's the one
PinkFloydCollectors
Axe
Axe

Post by PinkFloydCollectors »

Louder Than Words was only ever a promo CD never commercially available
Jimi Dean Barrett
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Jimi Dean Barrett »

Physical release!! Backed with "A Great Day For Freedom".

https://www.loudersound.com/news/pink-f ... ey-rise-up
twcc
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by twcc »

^^^
Just spotted an EU 'for sale' listing -

https://www.floydstuff.com/store
TheArch1v1st
Embryo
Embryo

Post by TheArch1v1st »

Just a heads up that the Japanese 7" is on clear vinyl.