Walk with me sydney

Talk about other Floyd related musicians here.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Walk with me sydney

Post by Keith Jordan »

Any info about the first song Roger Waters wrote?
professor frogmorton
Axe
Axe

Re: Walk with me sydney

Post by professor frogmorton »

Written by Waters, supposed to be a duet with Syd and future wife of Rick, Juliette Gale, singing.

Nick Mason recent interview mention of the song, it seems likely that a piper box will include double-o-bo, remember me, butterfly, Lucy leave, king bee, and walk with me Sydney.

http://www.spinner.com/2011/07/14/pink- ... interview/

Great that the PF are finally letting these tracks out, will add to a better understanding of their evolution from r & b group to space rock and prog psychedelic originals.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

professor frogmorton wrote:Nick Mason recent interview mention of the song, it seems likely that a piper box will include double-o-bo, remember me, butterfly, Lucy leave, king bee, and walk with me Sydney.
Actually, he only said that recently he's been listening to some very old recordings, out of which "Lucy Leave" and "Walk With Me Sydney" stand out. No trace of a mention that any of these songs will ever be published.

BUT... This is the first time anyone associated with the band admitted the existence of a recording of "Walk With Me Sydney", which would probably mean that the recordings of other songs you've mentioned exist too. Until now, it has been believed that all the songs from that early session apart from "Lucy Leave" and "King Bee" had been lost. This interview shines a new light on it, and it gives us hope that one day these recordings might surface. And though I don't have any great expectations from that material, I'll be really looking forward to it.
professor frogmorton
Axe
Axe

Post by professor frogmorton »

Actually, I've read 4 separate interviews with Nick Mason in relation to the Why Pink Floyd? Immersion boxsets and in all of them he mentions these songs from late 65 early 66. Nick also states being impressed with the "crystal clear" quality of Barrett on these recordings and being impressed by the quality of Barrett's songwriting even in this early stage. In an official PF video interview from a week or two ago he states that these half dozen songs have come from his personal archives and that most of the rest of the outtakes etc are from EMI.

I'd say there is more than a slight chance that we will hear these songs as part of the new Why Pink Floyd? release campaign! Why else mention these 6 tracks in every interview about the new releases. Hopefully all of them will be released soon.
pastchristmas
Blade
Blade

Post by pastchristmas »

Mentioning songs in interviews are a far cry from them being included in the new box set. If we are to believe that it adds up like that, we should also believe that the comments Nick made about wishing they had something new to promote mean that they are going to release a new album.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

except the previous official line was something like "its all already been released, we dont have any outtakes or leftovers"
yet they have about 5 cds worth now announced for Immersion boxsets so thats changed

I think it is significant Nick keeps mentioning these early demos
theres a whole unique market for Syd material, which they seem to be quite aware of
some Floyd fans will not bother with post Syd Immersion releases but will rush out to buy a bigger better Piper reissue just four years after the last one
and if theres any truth to this Swedish show (Gyllen Cirkern or however its spelled) being considered for official release, I'll be rushing out to buy the next Piper reissue too
this could well be the most interesting boxset of all