Floyd, Zeppelin, The Who, Stones

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Floyd, Zeppelin, The Who, Stones

Post by quicksilver »

It's amazing that after all these years that these bands are still performing either as an original band as in the case of the Stones or as solo acts. The Who is still playing together and Robert Plant came out with an album recently and there has been some talk of Plant/Page and JP Jones maybe doing some shows. With the Stones embarking on another tour do you think this could spark Pink Floyd into action?
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

Ok, The Who rock, Led Zepplin are great but cause one of them died they said they would never return (Robert said this 3 months ago in Q magazine) and The Rolling Stones are a bunch of old gits who should have stopped years ago.

I have nothing against Bowie, never heard the guy really.

But some bands do age very gracefully (REM come to mind), and on my opinion Pink Floyd have so they would be wrong to tour again and risk their legacy. People always call Pink Floyd classic rock, but if they had ended on AMLOR would they not seem a bit worse? You decide. On my opinion that's why Neil Young's not a great musician, sure, he did a few GREAT CDs, but he's had such a bad run, he has to keep on going until he gets a good CD to end on. And that's why TDB was probably released in the first place.

Why risk something with brilliance. Just look at Oasis now, striding for another good album before they split up.

quicksilver
Hammer
Hammer

Post by quicksilver »

U2 is another band that will be going on for awhile or at least until they get sick of it.
jizhomer
Blade
Blade

Post by jizhomer »

quicksilver wrote:U2 is another band that will be going on for awhile
I sure hope so!! :lol:
Furious
Knife
Knife

Post by Furious »

U2 are great - i really cant say i didnt like any of their songs.

their new album (ok, its getting on now..) is a pretty good effort :)