Things that really annoy you?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Neil

Things that really annoy you?

Post by Neil »

My top 5...

1> When you've only got enough change on you for a chocolate bar from a vending machine. You put the money in - enter the number of the bar you want, and the machine arm starts to move. However it doesn't push far enough forward to drop the bar and you've wasted your money! That's sooooooo annoying!

2> Car drivers who don't indicate :evil:

3> When you're happily enjoying a 'sit-down-job' on the toilet, you finish and realize there's no toilet paper!! Doh! You then have to waddle around the house with your pants round your ankles trying to find some! It's even worse when you're in a public toilet!!

4> Waiting for trains! They ALWAYS seem to be late where I live..

5> Waiting at the bar to get served a drink.. the barstaff only seem to serve the attractive girls - it doesn't matter how long they/or you have been there!!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

Re: Things that really annoy you?

Post by Feeling Very Pink »

Not Now Neil wrote:3> When you're happily enjoying a 'sit-down-job' on the toilet, you finish and realize there's no toilet paper!! Doh! You then have to waddle around the house with your pants round your ankles trying to find some! It's even worse when you're in a public toilet!!
Not Now Neil.

That was the hardest I've laughed.

In many many months.

It's so true!

Thank you.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

OK, here goes. :-k

I agree with the "getting served at bar" scenario that NNN described. So true. So god damn true. :x :lol:

People who keep bothering me, and won't leave me alone. Sometimes I just want to be left alone in my room to WALLOW, OK? Got it? Now go! Shoot, vamoose, bunk, scoot! :lol:

Again, I'll echo NNN and say people who don't indicate. Careless IDIOTS. :evil:

People who dismiss whole genres of music without listening to them first. Well, apart from me, that is. :oops: :lol:

Isms. :x

More to come! :D
Neil

Post by Neil »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:People who keep bothering me, and won't leave me alone. Sometimes I just want to be left alone in my room to WALLOW, OK? Got it? Now go! Shoot, vamoose, bunk, scoot!
Ahh - yeah that's a good one! Nothing worse than someone trying to be friendly when you're in a bad mood, or just feeling quiet!
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

People who say "CD" instead of "album". Scum of the earth. :x

:lol:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Feeling Very Pink wrote:People who say "CD" instead of "album". Scum of the earth. :x

How about if you say "album" vs "record" in the days of vinyl. Is one allowed to say "disc"? :lol:
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Re: Things that really annoy you?

Post by grateful pink »

[quote="Not Now Neil"]

1> When you've only got enough change on you for a chocolate bar from a vending machine. You put the money in - enter the number of the bar you want, and the machine arm starts to move. However it doesn't push far enough forward to drop the bar and you've wasted your money! That's sooooooo annoying!

No problem, just do what I did in college (university) and tip the damn machine over and dislodge the sucker. I was caught by university police doing this in a drunken and stoned stupor and got called in by the dean and was put on some sort of "double seret" probation that went on my "permanent record" (whatever that is). I never did get my damn candy bar but i did dislodge it before being hauled away by campus storm troopers! This is a great blemish on a near perfect record (of keeping things like this secret!--I've really gotten away with murder in my time!) :oops: :roll: :lol:
Feeling Very Pink
Hammer
Hammer

grateful pink wrote:
Feeling Very Pink wrote:People who say "CD" instead of "album". Scum of the earth. :x

How about if you say "album" vs "record" in the days of vinyl. Is one allowed to say "disc"? :lol:
Oh, and another thing I hate - when people say 'hit record' instead of 'hit single', 'EP' or 'album'. They'll be first in line as well.

Neil

Post by Neil »

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I must admit I've been tempted to kick the infernal thing!! Shake it, punch it or whatever!! :lol:

It must have been frustrating dislodging it, but then not been able to have it Grateful Pink !!!
grateful pink
Knife
Knife

Post by grateful pink »

Very! It has taken the intervening 20 or so years to get over it! :lol:
Tommy
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tommy »

hmmm things that really annoy me

1. when people are not accepting of other people's lifestyles at all. i have a few friends like this, they bad mouth my other friends all the time for the things they do, as if im the mediator, annoys the hell out of me

2. jerks. aka my latin teacher

3. people that abuse their authority, like some coaches

4. allergies, im so tired today

thats all i can think of now
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

When a machine doesn't vand properly, it is only annoying if th eowner/overseer of the machine is about!! Otherwise, pull the machine towards you from the top ()usually bottom heavy) and then thrw it back to the wall. The machine usually compensates you then!!!! :lol: It knows it has done wrong. !!!!
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

grateful pink wrote:

I always say record, because, well, it's a recording.
Richter_M.
Knife
Knife

Post by Richter_M. »

1. Incompetant people who state opinion as though it is fact. This gets to be a problem at msg. boards, as many people love to state their opinion and insist they're correct, but they give no support whatsoever for their claim(s). That's one of the things I like about this board, this type of post is a rarity here.

2. Educated people who are unable to compose a coherent sentence. (Kindly ignore the fact that the previous sentence has no subject :P ) Being nearly finished with college, I have proofread many papers in the last few years, and it is really quite disturbing how the average American college student cannot compose a cohesive paper. In my rather arrogant opinion, there is no excuse for this at the college level.

3. Sellouts. I can't STAND it when a band has considerable potential, but changes their style after an album or two in order to make more money. Current example: Jewel. Beautiful debut album, but she sold out progressively more with each new release, and her newest single sounds like something Christina or Britney would, err, put out.

4. Immaturity. I don't know how many people I've met who cannot seem to act their age. I realize I'm hardly a shining example of a mature 21 yearold, but some people find a way to make it seem so.

I'll quite ranting there. I'm not really that arrogant or hostile toward other people, but when something gets to me, it really gets to me. Thanks for putting up with it. :D
Spirit Catcher
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Spirit Catcher »

:-k :-k :-k O--O