Things that really annoy you?

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
rosm
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Things that really annoy you?

Post by rosm »

my breakfast. wrote:People who pronounce "Van Gogh" as "Van Go". If you were Dutch you would pronounce it "Van Hoch" with the "ch" sound being the same as "Loch" or "Bach"...
Actually the "G" sounds the same as the "ch".
"Hey, look at that van go" is annoying and funny, but then again my pronunciation of English, French, Swahili or Russian might not be perfect either.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

I say Van Coch or Van Damme.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

my breakfast. wrote:People who pronounce "Van Gogh" as "Van Go". If you were Dutch you would pronounce it "Van Hoch" with the "ch" sound being the same as "Loch" or "Bach". The English might say "Van Gock", the Scottish might say "Van Goch", but the sound would be the same. Then you hear some ditsy blonde American girl saying "my favorite artist is Vincent Van Go" and you want to kick some teeth in.
Had a frustrating day at work? Oh come now you sweet darling, give me a good warm hug...... \:D/
moom wrote: I say Van Cock
Not quite correct, but it does provide an interesting explanation as to why Van Go cut his ear off.
Last edited by rememberaday on Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

People who turn on their fog lights in their cars at night even though there is no fog. It's not pleasant to have to drive behind morons like those.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

snifferdog wrote:People who turn on their fog lights in their cars at night even though there is no fog. It's not pleasant to have to drive behind morons like those.
Ram them with your vehicle, woman ; let 'em crash and burn.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Is it safe to say Manu offers best explanations and tips :D ? Well, not as good as mine, ofc, but hey :lol:

People who are asked a simple question but don't even try giving a good answer.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

*Read the post above*
moom wrote:Is it safe to say Manu offers best explanations and tips :D ?
:-; :-; :-;
LSD
Blade
Blade

Post by LSD »

"baby daddy"

WHY we have to differentiate between 'lover' and 'the father of my baby' is just ... rrrggghhhh
if you need to use that phrase so often, perhaps you should look into some form of birth control.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

LSD wrote:"baby daddy"

WHY we have to differentiate between 'lover' and 'the father of my baby' is just ... rrrggghhhh
Poor innocent fool you are, never heard of infidelity.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

LSD wrote:"baby daddy"

if you need to use that phrase so often, perhaps you should look into some form of birth control.

Digging the racist undertones there. Let me guess, another bitter teabagger crazy washed up hippy lady reporting for duty?
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Baseball. I watched a reply of a batter hitting a ball in slow motion the other day...and his giant belly jiggled like...I don't know. How athletic is that? Yuk.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

a.k.a. boredom with bats 8-[
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

1) Paying stupid money for a baked potato. Some places charge ~£3.50 for a manky, leathery potato that has been sitting under a hot lightbulb for hours. Oh, you want a small tub of generic tuna mayo? That's another £1.50. When did such basic food demand such a ridiculous price?

2) UKIP voters. Sorry but the stats don't lie. Immigrants contribute a lot, per head, to the economy. They cannot be both stealing all our jobs AND claiming unemployment benefits at the same time. That is a paradox. I would rather have Muslims for neighbours than UKIP supporters, any day of the week. There is a lesson somewhere in history about pinning all your blames on a minority group, as detailed and outlined by a far-right party, in a time of economic hardship... Godwin's law up yo' ass! Fuck UKIP and fuck Farage.

3) My buddy's predicament. He is technically employed, but they've given him zero hours so he is not earning but also not eligible for any sort of grant or benefit. Doesn't matter, because next year all the Romanians will come here and steal all our benefits anyway, eh Nigel?

4) The fact that Rory Gallagher is totally overlooked whilst that pissed out cokehead Stevie Ray Vaughn is held in the highest esteem. Gallagher was blues to a tee, and the humility comes off him in waves. SRV had a horrible guitar tone, wrote boring music and sounded like he was playing along to a midi backing track. If he hadn't flown into a hillside he would have fizzled into obscurity.

5) Warren Haynes. Been there before I know, but anybody who tries to crystalise 'classic boogie rock jam music' into an artform, whilst always relying on the same guitar tone and tricks, is a pain in the ass.

6) Men's Rights Activists. I know one such guy. Fuck him. He is henpecked by his mother (who he lives with by the way). I don't think being an MRA means anything other than being a whiny white guy who gets pissy when stuff isn't handed to them on a plate. Honestly, if one group of people does NOT need representing it is straight, white males. We own the fucking show! They dare to give minorities some rights that make them almost or nearly equal to straight white guys and the MRAs start moaning "when do we get more rights so we can maintain our position at the top of the tree"??? Bullshit.
rememberaday
Judge!
Judge!

Post by rememberaday »

The "friends" I play cricket with. They have fielding restrictions for batting, tailor made to suit their right-handed selves. When I protest and say it's nearly impossible for me to bat, they say I ought to play right handed. Fuck all of them. Bastards.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

rememberaday wrote:The "friends" I play cricket with. They have fielding restrictions for batting, tailor made to suit their right-handed selves. When I protest and say it's nearly impossible for me to bat, they say I ought to play right handed. Fuck all of them. Bastards.
Snobs. The kind of people I dislike as well.