50% of PF is touring: Rick's in!

All discussion related specifically to David Gilmour.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 50% of PF is touring: Rick's in!

Post by Keith Jordan »

0010 wrote:
PublicImage wrote: He's a prat.
I still have no idea what you are talking about... am I just a newbie?
Personally, I have never forgiven Guy Prat (nor been able to take him seriously) after the physical movements he was performing on the 1994 tour! Cheesy man!!
Lurking Fear
Axe
Axe

Post by Lurking Fear »

0010 wrote:this is the best day ever. free cake at work AND rick is touring!
I got free cake too- Mozart's Birthday
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Yucateco wrote:
mosespa wrote:I've been saying this for a little while now...Jon Carin and Guy Pratt have been members of Pink Floyd for longer than Roger Waters was when he left the band.
Members? Hired musicians i?d say. Just like Snowy White was never a "member" of PF. I guess oficial PF members are only those guys in Pink Floyd Music (1987) Ltd. and i don?t think Pratt or Carin are part of that company.... but i might be completely wrong as always
Snowy White also never played on TWO studio albums AND had writing credits on those albums. Remember, Jon Carin has a writing credit for Learning To Fly AND he's been the second keyboard player for nearly twenty years now.

Of course, Pratt and Carin may not be part of Pink Floyd Music (1987) Limited...but neither is Roger Waters or Syd Barret.

Neither here nor there, obviously.

Right now, the way I see it, it looks to me like Pink Floyd is going on tour...just with a different drummer.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Post by Yucateco »

mosespa wrote: Right now, the way I see it, it looks to me like Pink Floyd is going on tour...just with a different drummer.
wonder what Nick thinks about this... wasn?t he the one that always says he would like to tour or play again? :lol:
Blade
Blade

Post by 0010 »

Yucateco wrote:
mosespa wrote: Right now, the way I see it, it looks to me like Pink Floyd is going on tour...just with a different drummer.
wonder what Nick thinks about this... wasn?t he the one that always says he would like to tour or play again? :lol:
That is an excellent point... I always thought that Nick would be the one pushing to tour, and Rick would be like, whatever chaps, and David would be the though one to get to tour.

At any rate I am totally insanely excited! I don't care what they play. They could play all Metallica covers and I would be happy!
Jascierto
Blade
Blade

Post by Jascierto »

This is definitely great news--at the least, to hear their harmonies. I know echoes is a long shot, but i can see us and them being busted out.

But as far as who is technically a member of pink floyd anymore, i don't think it's fair to say that Rog began his tenure with floyd in 1967. They were playing as Floyd in 66, and I believe Rog was there in 65 when the band went under various names.

The comparison really isn't apples-to-apples when you consider the depth of Rog's impact on the floyd, vs. carin and pratt. I mean, when Carin toured with Rog a few years back, was Carin still a member of floyd, technically? One or two writing credits vs. all of the lyrics from 73-83--i just can't put carin and pratt in the same league.

I hear what you're saying, carin and pratt deserve some respect, but to say they've been floyd members longer than rog is a bit disingenous.
b.king
Knife
Knife

Post by b.king »

That is great news. Now, when I see David on April 4th, I am praying that he might invite a certain long lost "buddy" on stage with him for a few numbers. A certain buddy who happens to live in New York> :)
Any Colour
Blade
Blade

Post by Any Colour »

Who cares. Ricks playing and that is a good thing.
DarksideMoon
Axe
Axe

Post by DarksideMoon »

Thats like half of a Floyd reunion. Now this makes me wanna get tickets for this concert even more!! I need to bug the hell out of my mom.
mosespa

Post by mosespa »

Here's an idea...just speculation and conjecture, mind you...but, let's play a game of WHAT IF?

Gilmour has said that his 1984 solo bid was to see if he could "make it" without PF. Apparently he couldn't.

WHAT IF AMLOR and TDB were bids to get his name out front so that he COULD "make it" without PF?

WHAT IF by asking Rick to come along, Gilmour is testing the waters (pun not intended) to see what the response to a "scaled down Pink Floyd show in smaller venues is," so that they CAN do a reunion tour with Waters, avoid stadiums and satisfy everyone?
goldeneagle33
Blade
Blade

Post by goldeneagle33 »

The band almost sounds like a pink floyd tour-without the special effects, I expected a somewhat unplugged type show. But are there really no background singers?
As for nick, is he still doing book tour stuff?
ganaffe
Hammer
Hammer

Post by ganaffe »

Lurking Fear wrote: Guy Pratt could be considered a member also.
:lol: I wouldn't call him a member ...

There's five people who really can be called part of PF: Syd, Roger, Nick, Rick & Dave, imo...

So I'd say, it's 40%
FromNorth
Blade
Blade

Re: 50% of PF is touring: Rick's in!

Post by FromNorth »

rot66 wrote:
cRaB wrote:hey...50% of PF is touring!
Wouldn't it be 66.7% ???? :shock:

Tor
Well, if it is more than 50% we should move this thread under the Pink Floyd discussion? :lol:
donholme
Axe
Axe

Post by donholme »

Suuuuuper news....

I am going to the concert i Hamburg... 3/11

Looking forward to see Rick too.... The Floyd stuff they will be doing will sound alot better with rick and Pratt NO DOUBT!!!
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

b.king wrote:That is great news. Now, when I see David on April 4th, I am praying that he might invite a certain long lost "buddy" on stage with him for a few numbers. A certain buddy who happens to live in New York> :)
And sing Dogs perhaps. :wink: