Syd Barrett RIP - Pay Respects Here - No New Threads Please!

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Forgotten Sons
Axe
Axe

Post by Forgotten Sons »

It's a great loss......

Roger Keith Barret----- R.I.P

I will pay my sincere respects this friday.....

Then again....

I think it's good for him....

anyone who wants to discuss this send me a message....
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

He never died, He just left...

Post by AsydWaters »

:cry: I was so shocked when the news was being posted right before my eyes at the BBC site.....I quickly jumped here to confirm,but it wasn't there on 7th,so I went to Wiki where I found it being posted on the 8th July.
:arrow: For me Syd Barrett may be no longer in his physical mortal remains , But His spirit is Guiding Him towards the Light on some far away planet or world across the infinite universe; mining for truth and delusion; There He will teach the inhabitants the power of music,lyrics,art and love-and He will again lead a Pink FLoyd till He wants to.And when his work there is done,he shall take off again to a new universe....and hence Syd-you will be around perpetually.
And whenever I feel like seeing him,I just have to look up at the night sky and there among the stars I will just wave to him and say a polite hello.

Anyway-some might find the following remarks as offensive/direspectful ;but IMHO , it was the best thing that he could have wanted at such times.Now at least He wont have to haggle with everyday chores and get those "WILD EYED"+" PAPPARAZZI Types " whenever he crossed the street to his house.

....many more layers , and We'll be joining you there...

NEELABH.
cwta eugene
Hammer
Hammer

Post by cwta eugene »

I always wanted to meet Syd, but didn't want him to be bothered by it. Maybe in the afterlife we can sit down together on a cloud and play a 2 hour version of "Dominoes". Until that day, thanks for sharing your amazing gifts with all of us, even if it was for a short time.

"Won't you miss me, Wouldn't you miss me at all?"
-Syd Barrett in Dark Globe

Yes, I miss you. :cry: :cry: :cry:
kobber
Embryo
Embryo

Syd

Post by kobber »

A sad end to a sad existence I s?pose. Perhaps he?s happy now, let?s hope so.
Parish
Knife
Knife

Post by Parish »

Forgotten Sons
Axe
Axe

Re: He never died, He just left...

Post by Forgotten Sons »

AsydWaters wrote::cry: I was so shocked when the news was being posted right before my eyes at the BBC site.....I quickly jumped here to confirm,but it wasn't there on 7th,so I went to Wiki where I found it being posted on the 8th July.
:arrow: For me Syd Barrett may be no longer in his physical mortal remains , But His spirit is Guiding Him towards the Light on some far away planet or world across the infinite universe; mining for truth and delusion; There He will teach the inhabitants the power of music,lyrics,art and love-and He will again lead a Pink FLoyd till He wants to.And when his work there is done,he shall take off again to a new universe....and hence Syd-you will be around perpetually.
And whenever I feel like seeing him,I just have to look up at the night sky and there among the stars I will just wave to him and say a polite hello.

Anyway-some might find the following remarks as offensive/direspectful ;but IMHO , it was the best thing that he could have wanted at such times.Now at least He wont have to haggle with everyday chores and get those "WILD EYED"+" PAPPARAZZI Types " whenever he crossed the street to his house.

NEELABH.
Great !!!!!!

You definetly stole the words from my mouth......

Really nice....

But it's like i said.....

We shouldn't be moaning him, (sorry but english is not my first language, i s'pose thats the way you express is "moaning" ) we should CELEBRATE his death and his great deeds towards music....

Anyway that's my point of view...
bmet
Knife
Knife

At Rest

Post by bmet »

axeugene
Embryo
Embryo

Post by axeugene »

I put on Piper At The Gates of Dawn on Friday not knowing what that day really was. I just found out my brother did too completely independently. I don't know what to make of it, but I want to thank him for his influence on music, his influence on me, and his influence on his band.

you are no longer in the crossfire, Syd.
Rest well.
billc
Embryo
Embryo

Post by billc »

Sun always Shines, Diamonds are Forever. Will be sadly missed and never replaced. RIP Syd. ALWAYS SHINE ON
Strum
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Strum »

Shine on Syd! 8) Image
PFralst
Knife
Knife

Post by PFralst »

, you shone like the sun...and now you will be Shining on the dark side of the moon You crazy Diamond
the doctor
Axe
Axe

GOODBYE SYD

Post by the doctor »

Remember when you were young,
You shone like the sun.
Shine on you crazy diamond.
Now there's a look in your eyes,
Like black holes in the sky.
You were caught on the crossfire
Of childhood and stardom,
Blown on the steel breeze.
Come on you target
For faraway laughter,
Come on you stranger,
You legend, you martyr, and shine

You reached for the secret too soon,
You cried for the moon.
Threatened by shadows at night,
And exposed in the light.
Well you wore out your welcome
With random precision,
Rode on the steel breeze.
Come on you raver,
You seer of visions,
Come on you painter,
You piper, you prisoner, and shine

No one could have written it better.

Goodbye Syd,Doc :(
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Re: He never died, He just left...

Post by AsydWaters »

Forgotten Sons wrote:
AsydWaters wrote::cry: I was so shocked when the news was being posted right before my eyes at the BBC site.....I quickly jumped here to confirm,but it wasn't there on 7th,so I went to Wiki where I found it being posted on the 8th July.

NEELABH.
Great !!!!!!
You definetly stole the words from my mouth......
Really nice....
But it's like i said.....We shouldn't be moaning him, (sorry but english is not my first language, i s'pose thats the way you express is "moaning" ) we should CELEBRATE his death and his great deeds towards music....
Anyway that's my point of view...
OOOoops..my mistake;i meant " MOURNING " -and now that I see it,its bit ironic of course accidentally-"MOANING The Mourning" ( get it?).
Getting back to your
CELEBRATE
Yes my sentiments exactly, we got no reason to be mourning his death.
Instead I can already see fans like us and others too are now gathering together at the Gate Of Garden Of Celebration and Ode to Love,where all-of pure hearts, respect for each and everything on this earth, and sharing join in while Syd's music plays and a we can feel it passing thru our body and mind like spark.......
IMHO ,it was the best thing by Roger that he introduced "wish You Were Here" at Live 8 with .."..to be counted along with you all and for those who could'nt be here ,especially Syd..." and also his announcement at "Rock n Roll Hall Of Fame" that the band's induction includes Syd also.
Strum
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Strum »

I'm just so amazed that there is so much affection for Syd globally since his demise. ~What a character! 8)
AMREKRAM
Embryo
Embryo

Syd..... RIP

Post by AMREKRAM »

It's so sad ,im so depressed , my heart goes to his family members, and his bandmates...
god bless us all
" all u touch and all u see,is all ur life will ever be"

Amr Ekram
Cairo,Egypt
16/7/06