Syd Barrett RIP - Pay Respects Here - No New Threads Please!

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

What is with all the mental text formatting? :lol:

He died on 7th July according to the Cambridge Evening News who mentioned his occupation as being retired musician as they got from his death certificate I presume. So I think the CEN is a reliable source.
Yucateco
Supreme Judge!
Supreme Judge!

Re: He never died, He just left...

Post by Yucateco »

AsydWaters wrote:
AsydWaters wrote::cry: I was so shocked when the news was being posted right before my eyes at the BBC site.....I quickly jumped here to confirm,but it wasn't there on 7th,so I went to Wiki where I saw it posted on the 8th July.NPF posted the news on 11th as did BBC. :arrow: For me Syd Barrett may be no longer in his physical mortal remains , But His spirit is Guiding Him towards the Light on some far away planet or world across the infinite universe; mining for truth and delusion; There He will teach the inhabitants the power of music,lyrics,art and love-and He will again lead a Pink FLoyd till He wants to.And when his work there is done,he shall take off again to a new universe....and hence Syd-you will be around perpetually.
And whenever I feel like seeing him,I just have to look up at the night sky and there among the stars I will just wave to him and say a polite hello.

Anyway-some might find the following remarks as offensive/direspectful ;but IMHO , it was the best thing that he could have wanted at such times.Now at least He wont have to haggle with everyday chores and get those "WILD EYED"+" PAPPARAZZI Types " whenever he crossed the street to his house.
....many more layers , and We'll be joining you there...
NEELABH
:?: :?: :?:
:arrow: See the dates mentioned above.I got the news on 7th July,which when I crosschecked went a day ahead "July 8th 2006" ,then this BBC & other sites I was looking up on 11th showed that Syd passed away on 11 th July.
And "MOJO Mag" article on the NPF mainpage says Syd passed away on July 7th 2006.
So which Date should I mark as The Day Crazy Diamond Left Earth in my calendar ;
as I need to pay him his dues year after year , till the day I too into the Dust Descend.
why not just remember his birthday? thats a much nicer way to remember him. :)
aquabelic
Axe
Axe

Post by aquabelic »

Age 60 does not seem to be that bad. Well, good for him, he lived his life to the fullest. Entertained us with memorable great sounds or music, which helped many through tough times and the good.

A toast to you good man, may memories of you live within our ears.
aquabelic
Axe
Axe

Post by aquabelic »

Yucateco wrote:
AsydWaters wrote: :?: :?: :?:
:arrow: See the dates mentioned above.I got the news on 7th July,which when I crosschecked went a day ahead "July 8th 2006" ,then this BBC & other sites I was looking up on 11th showed that Syd passed away on 11 th July.
And "MOJO Mag" article on the NPF mainpage says Syd passed away on July 7th 2006.
So which Date should I mark as The Day Crazy Diamond Left Earth in my calendar ;
as I need to pay him his dues year after year , till the day I too into the Dust Descend.
why not just remember his birthday? thats a much nicer way to remember him. :)
Indeed, kind of silly to remember the sad times, why should you bathe yourself with sadness.
Think of the good things.
Think of the time you first heard Pink Floyd, and remember the ones that contributed.

Happy thoughts, or a slap in your face you'll get. :P
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

My happiest thoughts about Syd will be when I play his wondeful music.
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

aquabelic wrote:
Yucateco wrote: why not just remember his birthday? thats a much nicer way to remember him. :)
Indeed, kind of silly to remember the sad times, why should you bathe yourself with sadness.Think of the good things.
Think of the time you first heard Pink Floyd, and remember the ones that contributed.

:roll: With all due respect Sir/Madam (or 2b PolitickelyCollect, both of you,the NPF Member Persons ) You Haven't Got It Yet !! When I wrote about "Remembrance Day-7th July" , I meant to mark the day when "The Reluctant Messiah who taught the earthlings about Pink Floyd ; satisfied of his mission on Earth being complete {toquote from Richard Bach ,author of :Illusion-Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah's Quote on Back Cover of Some Version(s)
"Here is
a test to find
whether your mission on earth
is finished:
If you're alive,
it isn't."-
Illusion/novel/ISBN information
ISBN 0440204887 ISBN 0330253557 (Pan Books)
} So does'nt it make the day to be remembered,that it was the day we,the earthlings finally completed the guidance and education taught by Syd-which was his mission on earth!!
aquabelic
Axe
Axe

Post by aquabelic »

AsydWaters wrote:
aquabelic wrote: Indeed, kind of silly to remember the sad times, why should you bathe yourself with sadness.Think of the good things.

:roll: With all due respect Sir/Madam (or 2b PolitickelyCollect, both of you,the NPF Member Persons ) You Haven't Got It Yet !! When I wrote about "Remembrance Day-7th July" , I meant to mark the day when "The Reluctant Messiah who taught the earthlings about Pink Floyd ; satisfied of his mission on Earth being complete {toquote from Richard Bach ,author of :Illusion-Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah's Quote on Back Cover of Some Version(s)
"Here is
a test to find
is finished:
If you're alive,
it isn't."-
} So does'nt it make the day to be remembered,that it was the day we,the earthlings finally completed the guidance and education taught by Syd-which was his mission on earth!!
Oh, I see! :D
princessDungan74D
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by princessDungan74D »

RIP Syd!!!!!!!I will miss you sooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

May you rest in pace and we will never forget you.
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Re:Seen the writing on the wall...

Post by AsydWaters »

aquabelic wrote:why not just remember his birthday? thats a much nicer way to remember him. :)
Indeed, kind of silly to remember the sad times, why should you bathe yourself with sadness.Think of the good things.
Think of the time you first heard Pink Floyd, and remember the ones that contributed.Happy thoughts, or a slap in your face you'll get. :P
asydwaters wrote::roll: With all due respect Sir/Madam (or 2b PolitickelyCollect, both of you,the NPF Member Persons ) You Haven't Got It Yet !! When I wrote about "Remembrance Day-7th July" , I meant to mark the day when "The Reluctant Messiah who taught the earthlings about Pink Floyd ; satisfied of his mission on Earth being complete {toquote from Richard Bach ,author of :Illusion-Adventures of a Reluctant Messiah's Quote on Back Cover of Some Version(s)
"Here is
a test to find
is finished:
If you're alive,
it isn't."-
Oh, I see! :D[/quote]

Now that you've seen, tell me what exactly did you see ?Just curious to know if you've seen through my mind's eyes or did you see the life go by on a silver screen-an illusion,that makes people believe that what they see is really what it is-whereas its in fact just a frame by frame reel played at 24 frames/second.Each second is life in 24 frames.
Am I going too much psychobabble? Well ; as you can see its in the division bell cover art;some say its two heads,some say its profile of a division bell flanked by two heads,others might think its just one head....
So what you see may not be what I have seen.So tell me what did you see?
Wannabeautiful
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Wannabeautiful »

For the last 2 years I was very interested in Syd... Now he's gone..
:(

You'll Be Missed..

Thanks for your beautiful music...

(Say Hi to Jim Morrison for me...)

Love.
Ablaze
Embryo
Embryo

Post by Ablaze »

R.I.P...
AsydWaters
Hammer
Hammer

Post by AsydWaters »

Wannabeautiful wrote:For the last 2 years I was very interested in Syd... Now he's gone....(Say Hi to Jim Morrison for me...)
Love.

Why do some people always think that any last living soul departing from the world we live in -physically that is-are their personal postal service.Why would Syd have to be a bearer of your "Hi" and go around paging "Mr. Jim Morrison-A Message For You";all over the landscape we call heaven/otherside.

So on the same note; when you're dead and "IF" you do happen to land in heaven; please go "A Full Moon" to St.Peter and tell him how amusing it is to be amused to death.
Embalmers are on standby;the gravediggas are practising a new rap-soda-eulogy for you....only if you could please hurry up and drop dead asap.
Jhonnyxero
Embryo
Embryo

Syd Barrett

Post by Jhonnyxero »

The Madcap rests.
chestnut1969
Embryo
Embryo

Post by chestnut1969 »

very sad;

A local group that I went to see recently in my local club in deepest darkest Australia played Vegetable Man/Sream Thy Last Scream as a tribute; very touching