Yet another P2P hoax track...

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Salmonberry Compendia
Blade
Blade

Post by Salmonberry Compendia »

Last night I saw "Syd Barrett - have you got it yet.mp3" on limewire. Of course I knew it wouldn't be real but downloaded it just to be sure. It turned out to be Roger Waters talking about the song so at least it was something I hadn't heard before. It sounded like it was from a documentary or something.
TheLazenby
Knife
Knife

Post by TheLazenby »

Oh, I can top that. I got an MP3 from someone on the 'net, claiming to be the unreleased and never bootlegged 1969 Beatles song "Zero Is Just Another Even Number".

It was just someone saying "take 6", a couple guitar strums, and SILENCE.
theman4455245
Blade
Blade
Location: The Only Place You Can't Show Breasts On Television

Post by theman4455245 »

That's funny. As for the sound clip of Roger, could you upload it somewhere. Sounds interesting. Any other songs not to download?
Salmonberry Compendia
Blade
Blade

Post by Salmonberry Compendia »

theman4455245 wrote:As for the sound clip of Roger, could you upload it somewhere. Sounds interesting. Any other songs not to download?
http://rapidshare.de/files/28780771/Rog ... t.mp3.html
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?a ... 606D06F84C
(both links point to the same file)

I retagged it to avoid any more confusion. In the id3 tag it says it's track 24 of "25th Anniversary Special" whatever that is. It's just a little bit of talking from Waters and he sings a little bit of 'Have You Got It Yet', probably the closest we'll ever get to hearing the song.

As for any more songs not to download, mp3's are only small and it's too tempting not to download them just in case, so download them anyway! I just wish people would re-tag/rename the fake files to stop spreading the fakeness. How hard is it to add the word "NOT" or "FAKE" to the start of the filename? :lol: