Syd the barber??

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
henno

Syd the barber??

Post by henno »

http://www.arteradio.com/son.html?14345

i dont know what to make of this, i was debating to myself to post it or not... i cant make out the french bit at the beginning.... after about about 2 mins it breaks into a kinda 'theatre play' is the only way i can describe it.....

some might think its slightly sick, i dnot know what exactly theyre trying to achieve....
moonwall
Tracker Mod
Tracker Mod

Re: Syd the barber??

Post by moonwall »

henno wrote:http://www.arteradio.com/son.html?14345

i dont know what to make of this, i was debating to myself to post it or not... i cant make out the french bit at the beginning.... after about about 2 mins it breaks into a kinda 'theatre play' is the only way i can describe it.....

some might think its slightly sick, i dnot know what exactly theyre trying to achieve....
I listened to it, and I'm left with the same questions as you, Henno :?
If it's newly done it's quite 'disgusting', but is it? (says 25 avril 2005 - whatever that meens - I'm no good in French either). I read some comments on that forum, and those in English seems as confused as us and writing about "disrespect".
PublicImage
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by PublicImage »

No idea what the hell this is...some people pretending to be Syd and some other person, by the sound of it...I love the song by the Television Personalities though!
robertcrosbie
Axe
Axe

Post by robertcrosbie »

A load of bollocks...not even the right accent! And there's no way his mum would've called him "Syd", it would be "Roger". And I doubt his mother would talk to people on the phone.

Still though, its interesting as a little play if that's what it is...
Duncan Maitland
Axe
Axe

Post by Duncan Maitland »

WHAT THE HELL IS THAT? Somebody please reassure me that the people responsible are not trying to pass this off as real! Syd with a cod northern/Yellow Submarine accent?

"...I want me tea now...with scones...."

HILARIOUS!!
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

it?s just a french play in radio , no harm done... :roll: