do you believe in God

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!

do your believe in God?

yes
46%
no
54%

Total votes: 76

azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

NO

biggest load of rubbish ever
David Smith
Location: Edinburgh or Aberdeen depending on the time of year

Post by David Smith »

azza200 wrote:NO

biggest load of rubbish ever
Wow i see a lot of thought when in to that critque and analysis of the Christian faith, especially that statement at the end
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

Yeah, I am scratching my head on how to deal with that kind of watertight logic. Perhaps I have been wrong all this time?
Savanah
Embryo
Embryo

Re: do you believe in God

Post by Savanah »

princessDungan74D wrote:Hey you,
do you believe in God. I do. I go to church and I pray.
Me too, and I also read the Bible almost every morning. There is a wealth of wisdom in there.
DoctorFloyd

Post by DoctorFloyd »

Only if one interprets it correctly. If interpreted wrongly, the bible leads to a blinkered mindset, and a lack of open mindedness. I should know, my ex gf was like it. If read literally, the bible can be dangerous.
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

i believe in a superior being, and it could even exist in matter form, and i am trying to learn to how not fault him/her for the things i do wrongly on life.
it seems to be easier to say "i am not happy, it is God's fault" then "why don't i try to change things or the way i behave so i can make my life better", right?
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

The closest thing to God that I believe in is Richard Dean Anderson.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

Eclipse wrote: 1 i believe in a superior being, and it could even exist in matter form, and i am trying to learn to how not fault him/her for the things i do wrongly on life.
2 it seems to be easier to say "i am not happy, it is God's fault" then "why don't i try to change things or the way i behave so i can make my life better", right?

I believe in the #1 part of eclipse's saying but I don't believe in the 2 part.God(if you believe in it)gave human beings freewill to think in how they wanted to.God lets you decide how to live but also lets you live with the outcome of your choices.Humans have but to religious bullshit ontop of believing in God.I have always lived by "if it feels wrong most likely it is".All this shit like women can't cut thier hair or men are supposed to have shorthair is just bullshit.Religions cloud the God-man/woman relationship by putting the bullshit in the way.
Narek
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Narek »

Bravo flashback... Took the words that I couldn't get out and laid it out. :D
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

For me religion is the most terrible thing to happen, ever. Believing in a higher being, hey thats fine. I don't beleive but you can, but when you go over to religion it all gets crazy. Sets of rules and guidelines that you have to follow or you'll go to hell. Wtf, that is seriously screwed up.
Flame-Sky Diver
Judge!
Judge!

Post by Flame-Sky Diver »

DoctorFloyd wrote:Only if one interprets it correctly. If interpreted wrongly, the bible leads to a blinkered mindset, and a lack of open mindedness. I should know, my ex gf was like it. If read literally, the bible can be dangerous.
Exactly, and that's one of the main reasons why I'm against organised religion. It can never work in big groups of people... like communism.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

my point is, there IS something out there, but it's not a god or goddess. It's a mass of positivety and negativety (=good&evil), which reflects in our souls as they are parts of that mass. you may not agree, but you gotta admit there has to be an energy somewhere
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

I don't believe in G-d...but I don't mind if you do. :lol:
Eclipse

Post by Eclipse »

flashback wrote:
Eclipse wrote: 1 i believe in a superior being, and it could even exist in matter form, and i am trying to learn to how not fault him/her for the things i do wrongly on life.
2 it seems to be easier to say "i am not happy, it is God's fault" then "why don't i try to change things or the way i behave so i can make my life better", right?

I believe in the #1 part of eclipse's saying but I don't believe in the 2 part.God(if you believe in it)gave human beings freewill to think in how they wanted to.God lets you decide how to live but also lets you live with the outcome of your choices.Humans have but to religious bullshit ontop of believing in God.I have always lived by "if it feels wrong most likely it is".All this shit like women can't cut thier hair or men are supposed to have shorthair is just bullshit.Religions cloud the God-man/woman relationship by putting the bullshit in the way.

what i meant with that second part of my post is that people consider it easier to fault God for all the bad things that happen in their lives instead of admiting their own mistakes and trying to make themselves better instead of faulting God, it is wrong to say it is God's fault when it is actually the person the one responsible for his/her fate.
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

I dunno about my own faith! I'm a default athiest who sometimes feels spiritally connected!

Oh, and recently I've taken to hearing ghosts!