Will Pink Floyd Reunite

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
SydDaKid
Embryo
Embryo

Will Pink Floyd Reunite

Post by SydDaKid »

Will Pink Floyd Reunite to do A tribute For Syd GiG?
I would love If they overcame there petty squabbles...
But Can they? Rog's Gigging Cara Ira and touring
Daves Touring
:shock:[/b]
my breakfast.
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by my breakfast. »

Yes. Welldone, you made one post so your account won't be deleted.

Yes Pink FLoyd will play a gig in memory of Syd. In his Garden in Cambridge using equipment they used for Live in pompeii to get that old-time feel. :roll:
bkovacs
Axe
Axe

Post by bkovacs »

When will this happen?.

my breakfast. wrote:Yes. Welldone, you made one post so your account won't be deleted.

Yes Pink FLoyd will play a gig in memory of Syd. In his Garden in Cambridge using equipment they used for Live in pompeii to get that old-time feel. :roll:
mygino98
Embryo
Embryo

Post by mygino98 »

That would be amazing!!!!
galaxian1
Embryo
Embryo

Post by galaxian1 »

Yeah, I don't see why that couldn't happen. It almost seems mandatory, as a personal tribute. It could be low key and exclusive, and they could play tight versions of their Syd era songs.
tuneman55
Embryo
Embryo

Post by tuneman55 »

my breakfast. wrote:Yes. Welldone, you made one post so your account won't be deleted.

I'm making my post now so I don't get DELETED :lol:
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

You'd think, but Pink Floyd may not be pulled together for that kind of thing. It's a kind of cheesy thing (not that I'd mind), and besides both of them are working already. The earliest I see a reunion that won't murder their solo projects is maybe summer of next year; even later if Rick's solo album is actually going to happen.

Individual tributes are more likely; Dave seems to have paid his dues by doing Astronomy Domine and Dark Globes, but Roger hasn't done anything past muttering a dedication into a vocoder one day. Rick doesn't have much of a solo career to have anything to dedicate to him with (maybe if he tours his next album he'll include Arnold Layne, Mathilda Mother, or Flaming). Nick is excused.
flashback
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by flashback »

At least they are bring more to the forum than you have the last 5-6 months,so backoff and let some1 else answer.
ObscuredEchoes
Judge!
Judge!

Post by ObscuredEchoes »

flashback wrote:

At least they are bring more to the forum than you have the last 5-6 months,so backoff and let some1 else answer.
Okay, kids, let's play nice!
theantoff
Embryo
Embryo

Floyd Reunion

Post by theantoff »

Seems strange as David Gilmour seemed adamant when he was interviewed on Radio 2 that Live 8 was the last gig they would perform together. He said it was a good way to end and provide some closure on the problems they had had in the past. :?
madcap69
Hammer
Hammer

Post by madcap69 »

They could do a show of syds solo material 8)