Cheffins Fine Art - Syd Barrett Property Auction

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Perhaps she is!
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

zag wrote:I bet Syd?s been reading Herriman?s Krazy Kat
Zag you gots sech fine taste in litchetchur
found a nice site here with hundreds of scanned Krazy Kat Kartoons
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

:lol: that?s grend !
cheers, JEd :smt023

but as it?s somehow stated, this bizarre auction is kinda weird... and I?m not even talking ?bout money yet.. so what?s next then ?
- A Collection of Photos of Art - book (with a limited edition of "Barrett" :lol: signature) ?
- Another collection of whatsover parts I, II, III, ..., well, you got it (yet) ! :lol:
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by 2066 »

Hahaha! Very funny, Zag! People will be scraping Syd's shit for traces of his DNA! There will be an army of Syd clones. Here come the vegetable men!
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

Iˇve said thi before and will say it again - donˇt dare touching any of his stuff, it still belongs to him, not by law, but morally :evil: unless it was HIS will (I wouldnˇt let do such a thing even to my family, unless I wanted to do that)
Tenniru
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Tenniru »

Syd seemed to have a thing for customizing all of his posessions, right until the end. (He was also a great painter.) I wish I had that kind of motivation. Heck, I wish someone would take a few pictures of the interior of his house before it's emptied out. He's been an expert in the art of home decoration ever since the cover of The Madcap Laughs, and I doubt he'd mind everyone seeing his masterpiece (he certainly expected SOMEONE to; otherwise he'd just remove the door).
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I actually think I acquired some photos of the inside of this house. A bad thing to have! :?
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

thrill-seeker wrote:I'd like to know where the money is going from this. I would never bid on any of that is it was going into "Rosemary's" bank account.
Why shouldn't his family benefit from his death like all other families do when their loved ones pass on and their immediate possesions are handed down ?
If they don't want them then why not sell them ?
Life goes on and to them, he wasn't an ex Pink Floyd member but just a brother or an uncle etc so why the ethics here should be any different to any other persons death to my mind isn't warranted.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

moodyblue wrote:Life goes on and to them, he wasn't an ex Pink Floyd member but just a brother or an uncle etc so why the ethics here should be any different to any other persons death to my mind isn't warranted.
oh yeah. the only minor difference is they?re actually selling stuff as Syd Barrett stuff. Making some profit with the name I?d say it sounds a bit bizarre.
btw, I though the royalties were/are quite pleasant. :lol:
All I am saying there?s something I just don?t quite understand :?
moodyblue
Hammer
Hammer

Post by moodyblue »

zag wrote:
moodyblue wrote:Life goes on and to them, he wasn't an ex Pink Floyd member but just a brother or an uncle etc so why the ethics here should be any different to any other persons death to my mind isn't warranted.
oh yeah. the only minor difference is they?re actually selling stuff as Syd Barrett stuff. Making some profit with the name I?d say it sounds a bit bizarre.
I take your point.
I guess it's very easy to be cynical about everything in life but i also think sometimes that we may be very quick to judge something on what it may appear to be construed as.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

HOW DO THEY DARE NOT ONLY SELL HIS PROPERTY, BUT ALSO SELLING IT PARTIALLY, IS BEYOND ME :evil: Is THAT respectul? NO!

don't even try to change my mind, it's impossible
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

moom wrote:don't even try to change my mind, it's impossible
Lost your coin purse already ? :lol:
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by moom »

nope :P
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

At the risk of sounding like a total moran, I have to ask once and for all:

What is DIY?!?
Groovybass77
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Groovybass77 »

Do It Yourself. dont worry, i asked the same thing.
PublicImage wrote:
Groovybass77 wrote:whats DIY???
You must be kidding!

What's next?

"What's RIP??"