Roger Waters 2007

All discussion related specifically to Roger Waters.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

yes the tickets are expensive, but think that in 1994 PF's tickets weren't higher then 60$. Roger's 200-400$, and PF's tour was grand, 2 million dollars a day too keep it running, Roger must perform the Wall like in 1990 or what?
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

henno wrote:i hope he stops touring and releases that bloody album hes been promising....!!!!
I hope on this and that he visits Estonia :)
scottfloyd
Axe
Axe

roger 2007 tour songs

Post by scottfloyd »

hey tell you what it's been a good few years since rog done each small candell, which was ment to be on an new album. leaving beirut and i cant remember the other song? seem possable tracks for this new album. personally ide like to hear some more obscure, or neglected floyd songs played, pigs three diffrent ones would be good, or someting from the more soundtrack, any more ideas?
Sonic Destruction
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by Sonic Destruction »

I think it is good that he brought "Sheep" and "Have A Cigar" back, and some of the more obscure "Wall" tracks back. There are very few pre-"Dark Side" tracks that I can imagine him resurrecting, perhaps because they don't seem to fit with his current vision of what rock and roll should be all about.

I would love to hear him rip through "The Nile Song" or the main/dramatic themes from "More", but I would not put money on it. AS it is, I will be pleased if he keeps "Set The Controls" in the set 'til he reaches NZ.

Wouldn't it be great if he brought out a Syd song as a dedication, the way David did? My personal choice for that would be either "Dark Globe" (that might suit his voice) done with just an acoustic guitar, or full band renditions of "Vegetable Man" and "Astronomy Dominee".
nemesis11f
Blade
Blade

Post by nemesis11f »

I wish we could get an Amused to Death tour. I think it's a sin that his best album never really toured, and the stuff from In the Flesh Live is incredible. Would love to hear the whole thing live.

I agree that Pigs should be brought back, but I don't think that's in his register anymore, sadly. I think that some other tracks from the Wall should be brought in, maybe go from Mother to Goodbye Blue Sky, Empty Spaces/What Shall We Do Now? and then Another Brick in the Wall, pt. 3. He HAS to keep Set the Controls, as it is insane live.

What I demand though, is the Gunners Dream throughout the entire set, Paranoid Eyes, Fletcher Memorial Home, Southampton Dock, the Final Cut. Why doesn't he just do a proper Final Cut tour? WE WANT FINAL CUT! WE WANT FINAL CUT! WE WANT FINAL CUT! :)
u2pasi
Embryo
Embryo

Tour dates

Post by u2pasi »

Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I haven't posted here before.. anyway, I don't get it. Usually these fan sites ( and this is a good one) are really up to date what's happening regarding touring etc.

Now I haven't seen any talk about the Euro dates for 2007 yet the tickets for the April concerts at least here in Scandinavia are available already tomorrow 1st of November ?.. Roger Waters, Globe Arena Stockholm 27.4.2007
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tour dates

Post by drafsack »

u2pasi wrote:Sorry if this has been discussed elsewhere but I haven't posted here before.. anyway, I don't get it. Usually these fan sites ( and this is a good one) are really up to date what's happening regarding touring etc.

Now I haven't seen any talk about the Euro dates for 2007 yet the tickets for the April concerts at least here in Scandinavia are available already tomorrow 1st of November ?.. Roger Waters, Globe Arena Stockholm 27.4.2007

The dates seem to be coming out in dribs and drabs - he announced yesterday what seems to be the only Italian date and that goes on sale TODAY

So far the dates that have been established - and remember his web site have only confirmed the Southern hemisphere dates are:

JANUARY
25 Sydney Acer Arena
26 Sydney Acer Arena * Not Confirmed
29 Auckland NZ North Harbour Stadium

FEBRUARY
1 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
2 Melbourne Rod Laver Arena
5 Brisbane Entertainment Centre
7 Adelaide Entertainment Centre
9 Perth Members Equity Stadium
11 Shanghai Grand Stage
15 Hong Kong Convention & Exhibition Centre

MARCH
17 Argentina River Plate Stadium
22 S?o Paulo Venue unknown
24 Rio de Janeiro Venue unknown

APRIL
23 Italy Datchforum (Milan)
27 Stockholm Globen
jambo
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by jambo »

What would i need if i wanted to tape the Adelaide show?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

jambo wrote:What would i need if i wanted to tape the Adelaide show?
Some sort of recording device and a microphone is usually the norm also there is a topic here somewhere discussing this very topic
WishIwasthere
Hammer
Hammer

Post by WishIwasthere »

Due to my current circumstances, I cannot afford to fly to the mainland and see Roger in concert.

What a dissapointed, sad, crying wreck I am. :cry:
Neil1567/2
Blade
Blade

Post by Neil1567/2 »

UK Shows!!!
http://www.TOTALROCK.COM have just listed the following;
May 7th 2007-MEN Arena,Manchester
May 8th 2007-NEC,Birmingham
May 11th 2007-Earls Court,London
Tickets on sale at 9am this Friday.No idea of price yet.
Looks like the show'll be the same one as this year but It'll be good to see it indoors.
The Ballad Of Pink Floyd
Hammer
Hammer

Post by The Ballad Of Pink Floyd »

I have just added the dates over at the encyclopedia, is it wrong that I said people should join the forum for more details and discussion?
vickyc007
Axe
Axe

Post by vickyc007 »

Tickets for UK are on presale NOW!!!

https://www.ticketrush.co.uk/nokia/even ... rid=214532
simpledumbpilot
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by simpledumbpilot »

vickyc007 wrote:Tickets for UK are on presale NOW!!!

https://www.ticketrush.co.uk/nokia/even ... rid=214532
I dont like you, you made me max out my credit card! ;) thanks really tho :D , cant wait!!

Who else is going?
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by drafsack »

Yep Just got mine for NEC and for Earls Court - gulp - big bill coming soon