Pink Floyd Box Set - "The Boy, The Man"

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Re: Pink Floyd Box Set - "The Boy, The Man"

Post by moom »

Tomorrow wrote:Even if it is a rip-off, I will probably buy it anyway, since I've only got most albums in digital form. I'd love to have all their albums at once, tangible and with the original artworks.
It is indeed one, but you have an excuse ;)
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

harpo wrote:For the original artworks, get the vinyl LPs - 144 square inches of art on an LP cover is almost six times bigger than 25 square inches of art on a CD cover
If this box were to be issued on vinyl, I'd be tempted.
you should be able to buy all the original vinyls, even the hard-to-find ones, for much less than $250-
$5- apiece for the common ones, a little bit more for the first three, between $70- and $100- tops
corie
Judge!
Judge!

Post by corie »

I f my wife lets me id like to buy it . but she doesnt understand why I need all the albums AGAIN... she doesnt understand :(
oldpink
Embryo
Embryo

Post by oldpink »

Ho hum.
Yeah, I SUPPOSE it would be nice to have the vinyl album artwork to go along with the disks, but let's face it here, this is NOT what we hard core fans want, period.
It would have been better to have the artwork packaged with the individual albums when they were remastered instead.
Also, it would have been even nicer for them to release "Atom Heart Mother" and "Wish You Were Here" as either SACD or DVD-Audio, since those were the only other two albums that had quad mixes made at the time they were put together.

What the band SHOULD have done instead?
Plenty, as it turns out.

1) Finally drop that piggish refusal to release the BBC sessions.
Yeah, Meddled/Mooed music sound great, but they would be better still direct from the masters with no FM broadcast material to fill in the gaps.

2) Some live soundboards, especially from The Man & The Journey/More/AHM/Meddle/OBC era.

3) It would be just great to have some soundboards from their "In the Flesh" tour, "Mr. Pig" notwithstanding.

4) Video footage from some of their old shows.

5) "Vegetable Man" and "Scream Thy Last Scream," since Syd is no longer alive.

6) Outtakes, demos, and rare live performances, such as "Sysyphus," "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast," and "Main Theme."

7) Quit these rehashes of existing material, since the fans who would be motivated to purchase an expensive box set ALREADY HAVE ALL THEIR OFFICIAL RELEASES, OFTEN SEVERAL TIMES OVER WITH REMASTERS INCLUDED!
:(

Yeah, that's about it for now.
azza200
Judge!
Judge!

Post by azza200 »

EMI PRESS RELEASE!!!!!!! Pink Floyd Boxset

We are re-releasing Pink Floyds entire back catalogue we will re-release all their albums in a boxset at a big sum of money. Then in Feburary we will re-release all the albums again seperatly all the original remasters from 1994 2003-07. With the great extra feature new fantastic artwork (which is basically what the remasters are worth buying for nothing else) No new bonus songs or rare outtakes demos or alternate versions of songs. This boxset is worth getting if your in need of new floyd artwork.

A must have for any floyd fan even if you have numerous versions of the albums already add this to your collection.

The boxset was going to have a dvd included but our dvd machine was burning James Blunt concert dvds that day so buy that instead..

EMGI = EAGER MONEYGRABBING IDOITS

Give us yer money!!!!

i was bored
moom
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: Dylan Moran as Bernie, in whom Ray Davies meets Pete Doherty. Otherwise, Tallinn, Estonia.

Post by moom »

azza200 wrote:EMI PRESS RELEASE!!!!!!! Pink Floyd Boxset

We are re-releasing Pink Floyds entire back catalogue we will re-release all their albums in a boxset at a big sum of money. Then in Feburary we will re-release all the albums again seperatly all the original remasters from 1994 2003-07. With the great extra feature new fantastic artwork (which is basically what the remasters are worth buying for nothing else) No new bonus songs or rare outtakes demos or alternate versions of songs. This boxset is worth getting if your in need of new floyd artwork.

A must have for any floyd fan even if you have numerous versions of the albums already add this to your collection.

The boxset was going to have a dvd included but our dvd machine was burning James Blunt concert dvds that day so buy that instead..

Give us yer money!!!!

i was bored
Y EMGI? Seemplee EMI 8) :lol: like The Sex Pistols did...
Freddie Mercury
Hammer
Hammer

Post by Freddie Mercury »

azza200 wrote:EMI PRESS RELEASE!!!!!!! Pink Floyd Boxset

Give us yer money!!!!

i was bored
I was just saying, I need some more Floyd artwork! I could put some of these things up at my desk at work, and get extra CDs as a bonus in case my others wear out by being played too much...somehow....

I'm getting the feeling Storm is behind all these releases and not Pink Floyd ;)
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

J Ed wrote:
harpo wrote:For the original artworks, get the vinyl LPs - 144 square inches of art on an LP cover is almost six times bigger than 25 square inches of art on a CD cover
If this box were to be issued on vinyl, I'd be tempted.
you should be able to buy all the original vinyls, even the hard-to-find ones, for much less than $250-
$5- apiece for the common ones, a little bit more for the first three, between $70- and $100- tops
I have been in the mood for my old PF vinyls...but, I find it VERY hard to find any in this city...I don't purchase online.
J Ed
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!
Location: in a midwestern-type autoplant town, waiting for the autopocalypse to come

Post by J Ed »

Nosaj you just missed a big record collectors show they had in Toronto last sunday
that would have been a good place to look for old vinyl
you might want to bookmark this page of upcoming record shows in Ontario,
unfortunately the Toronto ones are usually way the hell out in the burbs
bpmolder
Lord!!
Lord!!

Post by bpmolder »

azza200 wrote:We are re-releasing Pink Floyds entire back catalogue we will re-release all their albums in a boxset at a big sum of money. Then in Feburary we will re-release all the albums again seperatly all the original remasters from 1994 2003-07. With the great extra feature new fantastic artwork (which is basically what the remasters are worth buying for nothing else) No new bonus songs or rare outtakes demos or alternate versions of songs. This boxset is worth getting if your in need of new floyd artwork.
And people wonder why the members of the Floyd are worth $100 million apiece. :lol: :lol: :lol:
nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

J Ed wrote:Nosaj you just missed a big record collectors show they had in Toronto last sunday
that would have been a good place to look for old vinyl
you might want to bookmark this page of upcoming record shows in Ontario,
unfortunately the Toronto ones are usually way the hell out in the burbs
Thanks. Bookmarked. The Gladstone Hotel would have been very convenient.
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

bpmolder wrote:
azza200 wrote:We are re-releasing Pink Floyds entire back catalogue we will re-release all their albums in a boxset at a big sum of money. Then in Feburary we will re-release all the albums again seperatly all the original remasters from 1994 2003-07. With the great extra feature new fantastic artwork (which is basically what the remasters are worth buying for nothing else) No new bonus songs or rare outtakes demos or alternate versions of songs. This boxset is worth getting if your in need of new floyd artwork.
And people wonder why the members of the Floyd are worth $100 million apiece. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Paying for all those helicopters, fast cars, kids and ex-wives is an expensive business