Madcaps Last Laugh at The Barbican 10 May 2007

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
zag
Judge!
Judge!

Post by zag »

hpvrider
Embryo
Embryo

Syd Barrett Tribute

Post by hpvrider »

A full report of who played what can be found on the Brain-Damage.co.uk website. A while ago there was a Bob Dylan tribute at the Barbican Theatre and this was broadcast a few weeks later on BBC4, lets hope that the same happens with this show.

I just hope that this was professionally recorded, as it should have been with it being such a special event. Hopefully someone will have an audio of the complete show to upload before long, and I'm wondering if the Hop The Pond team were there? If they were maybe we could get a great looking DVD of the show prior to any official broadcast or release. If we get an official release I will definately buy it.

This is my first posting on this site. I have been a Pink Floyd fan for over 30 years, first seeing then at Earls Court on 18 May 1973, and I recorded them at the same venue on 6th August 1980 - one of the best audience recordings ever!
hpvrider
Embryo
Embryo

Syd Barrett Tribute

Post by hpvrider »

A full report of who played what can be found on the Brain-Damage.co.uk website. A while ago there was a Bob Dylan tribute at the Barbican Theatre and this was broadcast a few weeks later on BBC4, lets hope that the same happens with this show.

I just hope that this was professionally recorded, as it should have been with it being such a special event. Hopefully someone will have an audio of the complete show to upload before long, and I'm wondering if the Hop The Pond team were there? If they were maybe we could get a great looking DVD of the show prior to any official broadcast or release. If we get an official release I will definately buy it.

This is my first posting on this site. I have been a Pink Floyd fan for over 30 years, first seeing then at Earls Court on 18 May 1973, and I recorded them at the same venue on 6th August 1980 - one of the best audience recordings ever!
henno

Post by henno »

was there any rehersals for this??.. i sure love to see recordings if they exist.....

has anyone seen any torrents out there yet?..
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Here's a link to some photographs published on the Red Ferns Gallery website....

http://www.redferns.com/propxt/main/sea ... -%20MADCAP
henno

Post by henno »

cheers SS...
Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

Some more photos here.

gnomad
Blade
Blade

Post by gnomad »

some more photos here from the team that did the lighting

http://www.optifanatics.com/SydBarrett.aspx
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Here's a review of the evening from The Times:

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/ ... 780185.ece
schadfield
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Madcaps Last Laugh at The Barbican 10 May 2007

Post by schadfield »

My own pictures are here:

http://www.chadfield.com/barrett/

These were taken with a lowly SE810i. I might have taken a proper camera if I had know who was playing...
hopthepond
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Madcaps Last Laugh at The Barbican 10 May 2007

Post by hopthepond »

"and I'm wondering if the Hop The Pond team were there? If they were maybe we could get a great looking DVD of the show prior to any official broadcast or release. If we get an official release I will definately buy it. "

The show wasnt filmed by any official cameras, you think Hop and his acomplice would miss an ocasion like this!!:>)

Hop