"In The News" Discussion Thread

Talk about anything in here from the price of tea to the state of the economy!
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

nosaj
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by nosaj »

Why do people hate Paris Hilton so much? :smt017
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

I don't hate her. Mind you, I don't worship her, either. I don't think it's right to hate people, generally.
If you want the simple answer, I believe the hatred is probably due to several things: she's wealthy; she's famous; she's famous for the "wrong reasons"; she comes across as an easy conquest; she seems shallow.

I could say a lot more on this subject, but I don't want to bore everyone.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Syd'sSexy »

Pompeii Purple, you nailed it on the head. She is totally shallow, came into wealth (but doesn't have the brains to back it up), and she will be in the limelight for quite some time, because frankly, she sells magazines! Controversy sells! What else is there to say about her? Has she accomplished anything significant in her life? No!
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

She's boring, no personality, not that terrific looking either. She only has exposure because she is rich. Am I jealous of her, not really. If she could sing, act, hand out meals at soup kitchens, work with the red cross in Cambodia or Africa I would probably envy and admire her, but she doesn't.

She just throws her wealth around. Please correct me if I am wrong, but I do not ever recall her being an ambassador for anything charitable. I am sure that she does give, but hey, so do I, as much as my meagre budget allows me to.
Hudini
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by Hudini »

Paris Hilton is the stupidest, ugliest, least talented, and most spoiled celebrity ever. If she hadn't taped herself giving a blowjob to that guy she would have never become famous, and she did nothing good nor at least reasonable since then. So what's the point of her existence on planet Earth and why should anyone care what happens to her?
kagee
Judge!
Judge!

Post by kagee »

http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0509/portlaoise.html

During a raid on Portlaoise prison in Ireland they turned up mobile phones, sim cards, drugs and strangest of all a pet budgie.

How the hell do you get a budgie into a prison??
lovescene4
Hammer
Hammer

Post by lovescene4 »

... :smt083 ...
Last edited by lovescene4 on Wed May 09, 2007 11:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer
Location: spiraling down to the hole in the ground where i hide

Post by davidjay »

the thing about paris that's bugging me right now is her claim that she didn't violate her probabtion by driving on a suspeded licence because she didn't know she wasn't supposed to drive. how can ignorance of the law be a defense? she says that she doesn't open her own mail, so she never saw any of the correspondence from the court outlining the terms of her dui conviction. what? she so rich and famous that she doesn't have to deal with the day-to-day reality that the rest of us live in? i don't care if someone is famous, rich, or good looking. i say "good for you". but when you start acting as if the rules don't apply to you, you'll be first against the wall when i'm king!
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

davidjay, I appreciate your sentiments. I don't like it when people break the law, either.

I am in bail court all the time and men and women are CONSTANTLY breaking the conditions of their bail. We had a guy TODAY that did it, and he just got out last week, for Pete's sake. And they're standing right there when the justice of the peace is telling them what their conditions are. They also get a piece of paper *that they've signed*, telling them about the conditions. The person who bails them out gets the same thing, so that they can keep track of them.

I don't know what she's talking about, saying that she doesn't open her mail. Unless I'm missing something, you cannot be released without someone explaining to you what your terms of probation are. Did this happen in California? Maybe the courts are totally different there. But I'm sure it must have been explained in person. At the very least, her lawyer would have told her.

My guess is that she did know that she wasn't supposed to drive and decided that she'd do it anyway.
Which is something that non-famous people also do all the time.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

yeah, the dui arrest was in california. i know that her lawyer made most of the court dates for her, but i'm pretty sure that at some point she had to have stood before the judge to be sentenced. also, as you say, she must have signed documents that outlined the conditions of her probation. maybe she just thought the bailiff wanted her autograph! as you mentioned, many people violate their probation. most do not send a petition to the governor to be pardoned! oy, what a schmuck this girl is.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

kagee wrote:http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0509/portlaoise.html

During a raid on Portlaoise prison in Ireland they turned up mobile phones, sim cards, drugs and strangest of all a pet budgie.

someone was probably wearing "budgie smugglers"

:lol:
pompeii purple
Hammer
Hammer

Post by pompeii purple »

davidjay wrote:oy, what a schmuck this girl is.
Agreed.
fatoldbob
Judge!
Judge!

Post by fatoldbob »

kingfisher_flashing wrote:
kagee wrote:http://www.rte.ie/news/2007/0509/portlaoise.html

someone was probably wearing "budgie smugglers"

:lol:
Now I'm sick to my stomach.
davidjay
Hammer
Hammer

Post by davidjay »

yikes. either he has a budgie in his shorts, or he's really happy to see you.