Syd tribute show in Los Angeles, 5/20

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
sunny dunes
Axe
Axe

Syd tribute show in Los Angeles, 5/20

Post by sunny dunes »

Hopefully some of you California posters can make this. It's going to be fun.

We're doing "A ROOM OF MUSICAL TUNES - A TRIBUTE TO SYD BARRETT".

May 20, 8:30 pm
Spaceland
1717 Silver Lake Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90026
http://www.clubspaceland.com
Cost: $0 (free)

Come to this free show on Sunday, May 20, at Spaceland in Silver Lake for a tribute to Syd Barrett, both his work with Pink Floyd and his solo stuff.

Come early. The first band, at 8:30, will be Marizane, who are a truly amazing sort of space-pop-glam band (they'll probably kill me for describing them that way). Interestingly, they haven't played live in a number of years, so this will be a special night. Did I mention that they're very good?!

The second band, at 9:30, will be The Now People, who are going to perform Simon & Garfunkel's Bookends album in its entirety. One of the best albums of all time (in my opinion)! These guys do a good job. If you like this album, you will love this.

Then, starting at 10:30 and lasting the rest of the night, will be the exhaustive Syd Barrett tribute, featuring members of Wondermints/Brian Wilson's band, Backbiter, Third Grade Teacher, plus Petra Haden and other guests (e.g., me). Much of PIPER AT THE GATES OF DAWN will be played, as well as many solo songs. Even an unreleased one or two!

A great night of music, each band doing something really special, and it's totally free.