Live with(out) guest artists?

General discussion about Pink Floyd.
Fisherman
Embryo
Embryo

Re: Live with(out) guest artists?

Post by Fisherman »

manonthemoog wrote:I just listened to the 1978 King Biscuit interview with David Gilmour and he says that there was an "extra keyboard player and an extra guitar player playing along with us, because they became necessary." :shock:
I guess they felt they needed another keyboardist to duplicate some of the parts on Animals. I don't remember hearing a second keyboardist on any '77 boots. Of course these are not the best sounding recordings so its probably easy to miss the additional keyboards. I need to go back and listen more carefully to the Animals songs.

Who was this mystery player? Was it Dick Parry? I doubt Gilmour would have referred to him as an "extra keyboard player"
Hi.

Yes, it was Dick Parry. He played saxophones and backing keyboards during "In the Flesh" tour. 8)
DarkSideFreak
Knife
Knife

Re: Live with(out) guest artists?

Post by DarkSideFreak »

Fisherman wrote:
Hi.

Yes, it was Dick Parry. He played saxophones and backing keyboards during "In the Flesh" tour. 8)
If that is the case, does that mean he also played the keyboard solo during the solo performance of "Wearing the Inside Out" in 2006? I've watched the Remember that Night DVD a couple of times and neither Rick nor Jon seem to be playing that little big of lead synth (which I think is actually the best part of the song). Or was that somehow "flown in"?