Photos of Syd recording solo album(s)?

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
robertcrosbie
Axe
Axe

Photos of Syd recording solo album(s)?

Post by robertcrosbie »

Has anyone seen, or is anyone aware of the existance of photos taken of Syd in Abbey Road during the recording of Madcap or Barrett? I'm surprised no one at the time took a camera out one of the days. Although maybe they did and the photos have been long lost. I'm pretty sure I would've seen one by now.

I've seen the ones in the Nick Mason book and they are amazing, I would love to see what he looked like while recording these albums.
Syd'sSexy
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Photos of Syd recording solo album(s)?

Post by Syd'sSexy »

That's a good question; however, I am not aware of any taken in the studio during the recording of Syd's solo albums. I think the closest you will get will be the Psychedelic Renegades photos taken by Mick Rock.
kingfisher_flashing
Hammer
Hammer

Post by kingfisher_flashing »

robertcrosbie wrote:Has anyone seen, or is anyone aware of the existance of photos taken of Syd in Abbey Road during the recording of Madcap or Barrett? I'm surprised no one at the time took a camera out one of the days. Although maybe they did and the photos have been long lost. I'm pretty sure I would've seen one by now.

I've seen the ones in the Nick Mason book and they are amazing, I would love to see what he looked like while recording these albums.
I doubt whether there any photos of the recording of Madcap or Barrett. There are a few around of the Floyd recording Piper.

I like to close my eyes and imagine what it would have been like when Barrett recorded his solo albums.
dgsyd1
Knife
Knife

Post by dgsyd1 »

It has been alleged that Peter Jenner has some pictures of a long haired and bearded Syd taken at the 1974 sessions, that have never seen the light of day. Not sure how much truth there is in it though.
Chris Moise
Knife
Knife

Post by Chris Moise »

Somebody should ask him :-)
snifferdog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by snifferdog »

Have Peter Jenner or Andrew King ever written a book about Pink Floyd? It would make for interesting reading.