The Seven Ages Of Rock - White Heat

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
shergar
Embryo
Embryo

The Seven Ages Of Rock - White Heat

Post by shergar »

Did anyone see BBC Series Seven Ages Of Rock over the summer ? - The second episode 'White Heat' focussed on the art/music movements coming out of London and New York in '67. There was some excellent footage of The Pink Floyd. Clips taken from Look Of The Week, and from "Arnold Lane" and "Jugband Blues" look to have been digitally updated as they were pristine clear. The short clip from Look Of The Week - "Astronomy Domini" was in mind-blowing colour which although brief was quite amazing and crystal clear. My favourite was they clip used to back "See Emily Play" - Along similar lines as the video for the Cure's "Charlotte Sometimes" with flashes of Syd so much better than the well worn original the band shot when David Gilmore stands in for Syd where they mimick playing Cricket. Actually that video is kind of surreal in its own way I suppose. I know UKNova had it on their download site which is where I got it from - Well worth it !!
shergar
Embryo
Embryo

Re: The Seven Ages Of Rock - White Heat

Post by shergar »

Keith Jordan
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Keith Jordan »

I think it was a well made mini series! We can always rely on the BBC to make some good stuff once in a while! 8)
wiped
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Post by wiped »

Parts 5-7 dropped in quality .... but I enjoyed the series nonetheless
SydsMadcapGirl
Hammer
Hammer

Post by SydsMadcapGirl »

Keith Jordan wrote:I think it was a well made mini series! We can always rely on the BBC to make some good stuff once in a while! 8)
Always - once in awhile? Hehe. :?