Psychedelic Renegades: Photos of Syd Barrett - Mick Rock

All discussion related to Roger Keith (Syd) Barrett.
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Psychedelic Renegades: Photos of Syd Barrett - Mick Rock

Post by drafsack »

Does anyone know if this is simular to the Genisis Book (Not the band) done by Mick Rock
drafsack
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Psychedelic Renegades: Photos of Syd Barrett - Mick Rock

Post by drafsack »

Just read a write up of it and it sounds like it is

Synopsis
Syd Barrett, the reclusive former member of Pink Floyd, died in July 2006, without dispelling the air of intrigue that had surrounded him since his withdrawal from the music world in the early 1970s. He remains one of the world's true cult figures - a 'mad bohemian poet' in the words of photographer Mick Rock.Mick's friendship with Syd began in Cambridge in the mid-1960s, and flourished when they both subsequently lived in London. This magnificent book, previously only available as a limited edition, covers the period 1969-71 and includes the photo session in and around Syd's London flat, which culminated in the cover for his first solo album, The Madcap Laughs. Within these pages are some of the most famous images of Syd Barrett, as well as a wealth of photographs that have rarely been seen before.Since his death there have been numerous acknowledgements of his influence, from artists as diverse as David Bowie ('His impact on my thinking was enormous') to Blur guitarist Graham Coxon ('For bang on twenty years, Syd led me to better places'). This book is the ultimate tribute to a man who now holds an unparalleled place in rock mythology.
Damn!t
Supreme Lord!
Supreme Lord!

Re: Psychedelic Renegades: Photos of Syd Barrett - Mick Rock

Post by Damn!t »

Missus bought me this book when she whas in Germany...but...the book is in bloody german and i really dont have the nerves to read german now.
It's great to have it for the Rock's pictures of Syd. The stories inside are pretty much everything that we've heard so far. Nothing new.